WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10
SF37 Films Official Reaction thread (Read 117085 times)
Reply #75 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 11:12pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

David the Projectionist wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 10:28pm:
Metaluna wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 9:36pm:
I hope we never have any LOTR movies at the marathon.

For once, we agree!   Shocked

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Talk about folks WILLFULLY missing the point!

I wasn't SPECIFICALLY saying PROMETHEUS or THE HOBBIT! Just using them as examples.

POINT IS:

We could book some "Big new movie" in the dinner slot, and folks would still leave and go and eat.

PERIOD!

THAT'S ALL. Just EXAMPLES. EXAMPLES. EXAMPLES.....

Crikey, such literalists......  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Reply #76 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 11:34pm

David the Projectionist   Offline
The Living Dinosaur at
the Somerville Theatre

Metaluna wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 9:36pm:
I hope we never have any LOTR movies at the marathon.

For once, we agree!   Shocked

L.A. Connection wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 11:12pm:
Talk about folks WILLFULLY missing the point!

No, talk about irony of missing the point while complaining about other people missing the point!

Quote:
I wasn't SPECIFICALLY saying PROMETHEUS or THE HOBBIT! Just using them as examples.

Do you see the titles "Prometheus" or "Hobbit" in the posts above?  Do you need a remedial reading class?  Lets review:

Metaluna:  I dont want to see the LOTR [thats The Lord of the Rings, Tony, just in case youre having difficulty following this] movies run at the marathon, because I'd rather see SFish movies with aliens in them.
     David:  I, too, dont want to see the LOTR movies play at the marathon, because I hate them, I hate running them, I think they suck harder than a black hole, and if I never see them again it will be too soon (and I have a friend who happens to own prints of all three, funnily enough).
     Tony:  Prometheus!  The Hobbit!  Marina Del Ray!  EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Can we say "non sequitur?"  Sure we can.  Wink

I have seen the future, and it is sucky digital....
IP Logged

Reply #77 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 12:29am

Metaluna   Offline

David the Projectionist wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 11:34pm:
Lets review:

Metaluna:  I dont want to see the LOTR [thats The Lord of the Rings, Tony, just in case youre having difficulty following this] movies run at the marathon, because I'd rather see SFish movies with aliens in them.

For the record, I think the LOTR movies suck too.

But back on topic: if we have this great big deal movie we are going to show, why are you planning to show it at dinner time? Lots of people will go out then just because they are hungry. Show it at some other time.

::sits back and waits for L.A.'s head to explode::

"MAKE ME A SERGEANT, CHARGE THE BOOZE!"
IP Logged

Reply #78 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 1:38am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Clarification: Well I for one love the LOTR movies and would welcome them with open arms to any fantasy marathon you care to run.

Tony is either losing his mind or his sense of humor.  Lighten up bro.  I can see now why you invite opinions.  You welcome them with open arms. 

For the record, you may have heard of this game called telephone.  You know.... let's say you offhandedly mention Prometheus as an example of a film that people would argue over...... someone reads that and gives part of the info to a friend, that friend then passes off the info to another friend a little less accurately and then by the end of the night we have James Cameron coming to introduce his new movie. 

Mostly, however, the comment  was said in jest to break your stones... so lighten the eff up will ya please.

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #79 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 2:29pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

It looks as if we have another addition to the thon.  From the facebook page: Winner of a basketful of Indian awards as well as the claim of the highest grossing Tamil film in history, THE ROBOT, ENHIDRAN is an absolute hoot. This could be this years Lady Terminator with a better budget.  We will have to wait and see.  Check out the trailer. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNXHveyzUvY
  Also, a spoiler scene.........http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7yBnl_krN_U&feature=related

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #80 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 3:00pm

Caleb451   Offline
NYC

Perfect addition to an already strong line-up. I'm officially excited.

Dinner break? What's a dinner break?
IP Logged

Reply #81 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 3:15pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Caleb451 wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 3:00pm:
Perfect addition to an already strong line-up. I'm officially excited.

Agreed.......

IP Logged

Reply #82 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 4:06pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Quote:
THE ROBOT, ENHIDRAN is an absolute hoot.

I know that Robot! Siri got him on her customer support line! Wink

Yes indeed, yet another title that promises to be a lot of fun for the well-lubricated!

"It looks like I picked the wrong week to give up drinkin'!"

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #83 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 4:39pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

play the robot, enhidron second to last. i think zonad was played second to last in 2011. then play paul.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #84 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 5:51pm

Jay Seaver   Offline
Somerville, MA

ENDHIRAN is a lot of movie, though - three hours and it takes a while to get started, especially if you're not in a theater filled with Rajinikanth fans.  I mean, I dug it, and the finale is full of completely nuts action.

Also, kind of annoying to see that Garen still hasn't learned to do a quick Google before declaring something a premiere, as I'm pretty darn sure this ran for like a month and a half at Fresh Pond in 2010 (it was big enough for me to see it in a packed house on its third week).

IP Logged

Reply #85 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 6:13pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

[quote author=4C677F556367706374060 link=1325897042/84#84 date=1327704666]ENDHIRAN is a lot of movie, though - three hours quote]
did you say THREE HOURS Shocked Shocked Shocked

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #86 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 6:14pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

Jay Seaver wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 5:51pm:
Also, kind of annoying to see that Garen still hasn't learned to do a quick Google before declaring something a premiere, as I'm pretty darn sure this ran for like a month and a half at Fresh Pond in 2010 (it was big enough for me to see it in a packed house on its third week).

did you know that garen is a direct descendant of p.t. barnum?

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #87 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 7:03pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

kirok wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 6:13pm:
[quote author=4C677F556367706374060 link=1325897042/84#84 date=1327704666]ENDHIRAN is a lot of movie, though - three hours quote]

Yup, THREE HOURS! Read it and weep, buddy boy! And, to think of all those years where it was said it would be impossible to show the full Russian version of SOLARIS.......

IP Logged

Reply #88 - Jan 27th, 2012 at 7:30pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

L.A. Connection wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 7:03pm:
kirok wrote on Jan 27th, 2012 at 6:13pm:

Yup, THREE HOURS! Read it and weep, buddy boy! And, to think of all those years where it was said it would be impossible to show the full Russian version of SOLARIS.......

Big difference bewtween those two movies.  Solaris is SLLOOOOWWWWWW.  It's a great film but three hours seem more like 6 with Solaris.....

IP Logged

Reply #89 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 2:43pm

G.I. Joe   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Fightin' for a better
Marathon

Whoa! 13 movies!! must be a complete list, no?

Seems pretty good over all. not thrilled with everything. too much blck and white. I like the old stuff,b ut three in one lineup? And Cronenberg again? another three - three years in a row of old school Cronenberg - and still no They Came From Within! and talkin' of threes - a 3 hour indian movie? WTF?!!

War of the Satellites is a find, but too bad there aren't any real 50s or 60s classics. Back to back Corman though. And back to back Battlestar Galactica to boot. oh well. I guess Garen just thinks everyboyd wants to see the same stuff over and over

Pumped for Brainstorm! Really liked Apes and Paul is fun. Dimensions sounds like a good time travel movie. Attack should be good. Anime - eh, meal break. ReAnimator is good and nasty - can't wait to see the "head" scene on the big screen again!  Smiley

3 more weeks to go!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 10