WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
FULL LINEUP! Note Order: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2024 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 
SF37 Films Official Reaction thread (Read 116007 times)
Reply #135 - Feb 12th, 2012 at 11:20pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

That is probably NOT the final schedule.  Garen gets the last word about order and he invariably makes a change or two.

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #136 - Feb 12th, 2012 at 11:20pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

Dinsdale wrote on Feb 12th, 2012 at 10:18pm:
Caleb451 wrote on Feb 12th, 2012 at 2:56pm:
I wouldn't be so sure that's actual running order.

I sure hope not, ending with Galactica would be lame.
And what's all this talk about "dinner breaks"? In 31 years I have never left the theater for any reason other than to go home!

Oh sure make fun of the old marathoid who likes to go out and make sure the real world still exists during the marathon. (not sure why since I am retired now)

Likely its NOT a final schedule, I'm just going on how it's listed currently.

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #137 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 12:29am

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

The BAFTA Awards were yesterday in England. ATTACK THE BLOCK did not win for best British newcommer. It went to TYRANNOSAUR for director/actor Paddy Considine. No, it's not a dinosaur pic! THE ARTIST won a bunch of awards, HUGO & HARRY POTTER won one each, and Almodovar's kinky horror film THE SKIN I LIVE IN won the Foreign Language award.

IP Logged

Reply #138 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 11:46am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

The main site reports that Folklore has been added onto the thon.  Another movie?  Wow!  It would appear that we will be running a bit over 24 hours.  I hope the breaks aren't too tight.....

As for Folklore, who can say?

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #139 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 12:32pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Check out the trailer for Folklore on the main site........

IP Logged

Reply #140 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 1:19pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

half the jokes are good, half the jokes are bad. i love it.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #141 - Feb 13th, 2012 at 8:04pm

Dinsdale   Offline
SF Rocks

personally i enjoy combining the simultanious pleasures of eating, watching science fiction movies and getting high on caffiene into one huge self indulgent seratonin rich extravaganza. [/quote]

I agree with all but the caffiene, never liked coffee.

IP Logged

Reply #142 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 6:24pm

Lile   Offline
SF Rocks

Dinsdale wrote on Feb 13th, 2012 at 8:04pm:
personally i enjoy combining the simultanious pleasures of eating, watching science fiction movies and getting high on caffiene into one huge self indulgent seratonin rich extravaganza.

I agree with all but the caffiene, never liked coffee. [/quote]

Throw into the mix sleep deprivation and jet lag on top of sugar and caffeine high,i'll be close to heaven come monday morning.

IP Logged

Reply #143 - Feb 15th, 2012 at 8:57pm

Metaluna   Offline

For any of you who don't want to see Rise of the Planet of the Apes because you just saw it...get your iPods ready...

Rise of the Planet of the Apes on Riff Trax!
Quote:
For many of us, the last time we uttered the title “Planet of the Apes” was when we were angrily demanding from a teenage usher “I’ll ask you one more time: Are you going to give me a refund for Tim Burton’s Planet of the Apes, or am I going to have to take another finger?” However, at that time, nobody could have foreseen the Ape Boom of the aught’s. It was spurred on by the box office dominance of a trilogy that made the LOTR movies look like one excruciatingly long version of Carrot Top’s Chairman of the Board: MVP: Most Valuable Primate, MVP 2: Most Vertical Primate, and MXP: Most Xtreme Primate. Fortunately, Tim Burton has resisted to urge to “reimagine” any of these classics, though he has expressed interest in making a worthless version of My Gym Partner’s a Monkey.

Anyways, the Ape Boom® culminated in yet another Planet of the Apes movie that nobody really asked for or cared about. But when the movie came out, it proved what we once overheard our dad saying to our mom on Christmas Eve: “Set their expectations really, really low, then they’ll be delighted when they get a Man-E-Faces toy where two of the faces don’t work. Dammit, we’re out of beer already??”

So, while we kid, Rise of the Planet of the Apes more than delivers on its non-existent expectations, giving audiences what they want: Apes (Yes!), Apes, (Yes!!) and more Apes (Yes!!!!) and James Franco (Wait, what?). Andy Serkis is also along for the ride, playing the role of “Guy who will probably get awarded an honorary Oscar in about thirty years and be really self righteous about it.”

"MAKE ME A SERGEANT, CHARGE THE BOOZE!"
IP Logged

Reply #144 - Feb 16th, 2012 at 10:17am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Metaluna wrote on Feb 15th, 2012 at 8:57pm:
For any of you who don't want to see Rise of the Planet of the Apes because you just saw it...get your iPods ready...

Rise of the Planet of the Apes on Riff Trax!
Quote:
For many of us, the last time we uttered the title “Planet of the Apes” was when we were angrily demanding from a teenage usher “I’ll ask you one more time: Are you going to give me a refund for Tim Burton’s Planet of the Apes, or am I going to have to take another finger?” However, at that time, nobody could have foreseen the Ape Boom of the aught’s. It was spurred on by the box office dominance of a trilogy that made the LOTR movies look like one excruciatingly long version of Carrot Top’s Chairman of the Board: MVP: Most Valuable Primate, MVP 2: Most Vertical Primate, and MXP: Most Xtreme Primate. Fortunately, Tim Burton has resisted to urge to “reimagine” any of these classics, though he has expressed interest in making a worthless version of My Gym Partner’s a Monkey.

Anyways, the Ape Boom® culminated in yet another Planet of the Apes movie that nobody really asked for or cared about. But when the movie came out, it proved what we once overheard our dad saying to our mom on Christmas Eve: “Set their expectations really, really low, then they’ll be delighted when they get a Man-E-Faces toy where two of the faces don’t work. Dammit, we’re out of beer already??”

So, while we kid, Rise of the Planet of the Apes more than delivers on its non-existent expectations, giving audiences what they want: Apes (Yes!), Apes, (Yes!!) and more Apes (Yes!!!!) and James Franco (Wait, what?). Andy Serkis is also along for the ride, playing the role of “Guy who will probably get awarded an honorary Oscar in about thirty years and be really self righteous about it.”

[img]

I remember those guys being funnier.  This was almost painful.  Although it was like being at the marathon.  A lot of snarky comments most of which fall flat..... Heard Knock from the son?  Really?

IP Logged

Reply #145 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 2:19pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! This time tomorrow we will brainstorming our way through the Second film of the 14 Film Marathon!

See you all there..........

IP Logged

Reply #146 - Feb 18th, 2012 at 3:02pm

Brendan   Offline
YaBB Newbies
SF Rocks
Brookline NH

There's a really neat point in the Thon where you realize that you've just watched 6 or 7 movies, and things are only getting started!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10