WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
October 2013 TERROR-THON Thread (Read 30240 times)
Reply #15 - Oct 1st, 2013 at 10:14pm

Jay Seaver   Offline
Somerville, MA

Chronologically, or at least that was what folks were saying when it was first announced.  I suspect that at least makes it easier on the guys doing the music for Cabinet.

IP Logged

Reply #16 - Oct 2nd, 2013 at 8:46am

kirok   Offline
God Member

i had a terror-thon dream. i was not late and the theater was packed. i kept wondering where garen was. meta luna was chatting with people like she was a celebrity. there was a line forming in front of her.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #17 - Oct 2nd, 2013 at 5:48pm

David the Projectionist   Offline
The Living Dinosaur at
the Somerville Theatre

L.A. Connection wrote on Oct 1st, 2013 at 10:12pm:
They've also added some pre-thon films like, THE EXORCIST, NEAR DARK, GINGER SNAPS, THE CHANGELING, NEAR DARK and Argento's newest, DRACULA the week before.

Not "pre" thon.  Exorcist & Near Dark (both on 35mm), will be shown on Hallowe'en.  The Changeling & Ginger Snaps (also both on film, the latter an archival print), will be shown on 17 October.  The Terror Thon plays on 12 October.

I have seen the future, and it is sucky digital....
IP Logged

Reply #18 - Oct 2nd, 2013 at 6:33pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Quote:
Dave the Projectionist:
The Changeling & Ginger Snaps (also both on film, the latter an archival print), will be shown on 17 October

Thanks for the print report Dave. I'm excited. Cheesy

It's great to hear that an archival print of "Ginger Snaps" is available to be seen in all its cinematic glory. "The Changeling" is well shot with dark stylistic craftsmanship, and it would be a shame to see it come off the reels in a pink scratchy mess. Let's all hope for the best as the latter should be a classic.

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #19 - Oct 2nd, 2013 at 11:55pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Thanks for the correction. I don't see a full schedule posted anywhere except for the Terror-Thon Facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/BostonTerrorThon?directed_target_id=0

IP Logged

Reply #20 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 4:50am

Rich Bartlett   Offline

It's also on the Somerville Theater homepage:

http://feitheatres.com/somerville-theatre/

IP Logged

Reply #21 - Oct 3rd, 2013 at 7:21pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

IP Logged

Reply #22 - Oct 4th, 2013 at 9:28am

Jon   Offline
MA

Why are they showing "Forbidden Planet" twice?
...Just askin'....

IP Logged

Reply #23 - Oct 4th, 2013 at 6:37pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Jon wrote on Oct 4th, 2013 at 9:28am:
Why are they showing "Forbidden Planet" twice?
...Just askin'....

It's just as good the 2nd time?

(probably just a typo).

IP Logged

Reply #24 - Oct 6th, 2013 at 5:33pm

Dinsdale   Offline
SF Rocks

This will be my first time for Terror-Thon. Is it as well attended as the 'Thon? What is the recommended arrival time to queue up?

IP Logged

Reply #25 - Oct 6th, 2013 at 8:47pm

Jay Seaver   Offline
Somerville, MA

It's new, so who knows?  I'm guessing they're going to want to start pretty close to on-time, though, because I count 733 minutes of movie to fit into 12 hours, which does not give me a whole lot of padding if I sneak off to Redbones for lunch during The Invisible Man.

IP Logged

Reply #26 - Oct 6th, 2013 at 10:03pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Dinsdale wrote on Oct 6th, 2013 at 5:33pm:
This will be my first time for Terror-Thon. Is it as well attended as the 'Thon?

There have been sporadic October mini-Marathons over the years including horror and an anime ones at the Somerville. There were also off-shoot ones at the Dedham. Going way back, an aborted Horror 'thon at the Coolidge was cancelled a few days in advance because of poor ticket sales. Attendence for all these have lagged well behind ones for the king, The SF Marathon, including several reports that the last film at the Anime Marathon had ZERO people in attendence by the end..........

IP Logged

Reply #27 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 6:48pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Last year's Coolidge marathon sold out.  It has been selling well  for quite a few years now.  This Terror-thon is being held two weeks before the Coolidge marathon and this one is on a friendlier 12 noon-12 midnight.  Also, the Terror thon is more sci-fi than pure horror and the Coolidge will be all horror so there probably will be no overlap.  The Coolidge, as they did last year is only revealing the first two movies,  Psycho and the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre.  I would recommend attending both.  Coolidge last year showed only 35mm.  I will attend both but if I could only attend one it would be the Somerville.  They are offering a great slate of movies from the 20's to the 90's.

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #28 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 8:56pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

L.A. Connection wrote on Oct 6th, 2013 at 10:03pm:
This will be my first time for Terror-Thon. Is it as well attended as the 'Thon?

There have been sporadic October mini-Marathons over the years including horror and an anime ones at the Somerville. There were also off-shoot ones at the Dedham. Going way back, an aborted Horror 'thon at the Coolidge was cancelled a few days in advance because of poor ticket sales. Attendence for all these have lagged well behind ones for the king, The SF Marathon, including several reports that the last film at the Anime Marathon had ZERO people in attendence by the end..........

And of course their was The Welles "Schlock Around the Clock" marathon that mutated into "Attack of the Killer Bs" at the Somerville.

I'm hoping the Terrothon is showing in Cinema 1 at the Somerville which will give more room than the big house at The Coolidge not even counting their great balcony.

90% sure I'm going.

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #29 - Oct 7th, 2013 at 10:09pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

da_Bunnyman wrote on Oct 7th, 2013 at 8:56pm:
L.A. Connection wrote on Oct 6th, 2013 at 10:03pm:

And of course their was The Welles "Schlock Around the Clock" marathon that mutated into "Attack of the Killer Bs" at the Somerville.

I'm hoping the Terrothon is showing in Cinema 1 at the Somerville which will give more room than the big house at The Coolidge not even counting their great balcony.

90% sure I'm going.

YUP!
Cinema 1 or the main view-plate, if you will.

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3