WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Which will be the big hit of the summer?

« Last Modified by: kirok on: May 29th, 2013 at 8:24pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
best summer sci-fi of 2013. (Read 44590 times)
Reply #45 - Aug 25th, 2013 at 8:28am

kirok   Offline
God Member

kirok wrote on Jul 10th, 2013 at 1:39pm:
folks, do you remember "alien resurrection". the fourth in the alien series and ripley had died in the third. the premise was ridiculous. ripley was cloned and grown to adulthood in 2 weeks. she led a team of corporate mercenaries. the reviews were not good and i absolutely loved it. so with this in mind i'm saying:  I *shall* go see pacific rim!

i saw it. not bad. the cast was to ensemble for my liking. you can't do an ensemble cast and have the movie dominated by robot/monster fight scenes. the cg guys had fun with one of the monsters. it was reminiscent of the man in the rubber suit.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #46 - Aug 27th, 2013 at 11:26pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Paramount is doing a rare thing these days - putting out a Double Feature.

Two of the better summer sci-fi films of 2013 together on one bill - STAR TREK INTO DARKNESS and WORLD WAR Z:

http://www.deadline.com/2013/08/world-war-z-star-trek-into-darkness-double-featu...

IP Logged

Reply #47 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 6:47am

kirok   Offline
God Member

into dorkness sucked. a convention did a poll of all the star trek films. they made into darkness last place. in other words. worst star trek ever.
i'll see wwz this week.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #48 - Aug 28th, 2013 at 9:15pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

kirok wrote on Aug 28th, 2013 at 6:47am:
into dorkness sucked. a convention did a poll of all the star trek films. they made into darkness last place. in other words. worst star trek ever.
i'll see wwz this week.

Not sure why it's got such a bad rep now.
Of course since it got voted at a con it was likely a lot of classic Trek fans voting.
But putting it lower than the infamous odd numbered films? No way.
It was far from my favorite film of the summer.
Most interesting theory about it was the director was doing a Star Wars film in the Star Trek universe.

Oh BTW, anyone who has not seen it and/or World War Z, or wants to see either/both again, Paramount announced they'll be available as a double feature in select theaters from August 30 to September 5.

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #49 - Oct 11th, 2013 at 7:27am

kirok   Offline
God Member

i declare the winner of the best summer sciifi to be...soght unseen by me or anyone or that matter....released in october to which i say close enough......Escape Plan!! it is the triumphant return of arnold swarzzeneggar.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #50 - Oct 12th, 2013 at 10:31am

Jay Seaver   Offline
Somerville, MA

The Last Stand was Schwarzeneggar's triumphant return.  This just looks goofy.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4