WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: Which will be the big hit of the summer?

« Last Modified by: kirok on: May 29th, 2013 at 8:24pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
best summer sci-fi of 2013. (Read 44595 times)
Reply #30 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 2:16pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

i just heard that lone ranger was 3 hours and glacial.
also claims the lone ranger wears the mask because of white guilt.
pass.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #31 - Jul 6th, 2013 at 7:46am

kirok   Offline
God Member

ladies and gentlemen. i failed to notice an entry that is now about 20 feet out of the starting gate. it is a clydesdale name "gravity". it's being ridden by george clooney.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #32 - Jul 7th, 2013 at 8:44pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

kirok wrote on Jul 6th, 2013 at 7:46am:
ladies and gentlemen. i failed to notice an entry that is now about 20 feet out of the starting gate. it is a clydesdale name "gravity". it's being ridden by george clooney.

Does look good.
Trailer can be seen here
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AE0KG4b9F2M

But it's coming out in October, I don't think even Hollywood considers that summer. Smiley

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #33 - Jul 8th, 2013 at 1:10am

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

da_Bunnyman wrote on Jul 7th, 2013 at 8:44pm:

Does look good.
Trailer can be seen here

But it's coming out in October, I don't think even Hollywood considers that summer. Smiley

Well, at one point, even June wasn't considered "summer", using the July 4th weekend as a marker. Then, it became Memorial Day. Now, even a May 16th opening for the new TREK is called a summer release.

So, why not October?! Hey, the World Series has now slipped into November............. Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Reply #34 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 5:30am

kirok   Offline
God Member

the lone ranger has broken a leg. which means no possibility of a sequel. world war z has dropped back and now it's man of steel, pacific rim and the wolverine. anything can happen now. i'll never forget the year that robocop won the race. or the year of that crowdpleaser tremors.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #35 - Jul 10th, 2013 at 1:39pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

folks, do you remember "alien resurrection". the fourth in the alien series and ripley had died in the third. the premise was ridiculous. ripley was cloned and grown to adulthood in 2 weeks. she led a team of corporate mercenaries. the reviews were not good and i absolutely loved it. so with this in mind i'm saying:  I *shall* go see pacific rim!

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #36 - Jul 19th, 2013 at 5:18pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

http://t3.gstatic.com/imagesq=tbn:ANd9GcQQ7djGl42_aQoo_qKyhTeZd0qrHE2ekuj7-im5rw...

my god it does not look good for 2013 summer blockbusters.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #37 - Jul 20th, 2013 at 5:38am

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Quote:
http://t3.gstatic.com/imagesq=tbn:ANd9GcQQ7djGl42_aQoo_qKyhTeZd0qrHE2ekuj7-im5rw....

my god it does not look good for 2013 summer blockbusters.

Looks like the above link is broken. The disappointments pile up! Wink

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #38 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 7:25am

kirok   Offline
God Member

man of steel is leading with pacific rim close behind. the wolverine is gaining followed by elysium.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #39 - Jul 24th, 2013 at 12:07pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

But, WWZ, IRON MAN III and TREK are all better! kirok wrote on Jul 24th, 2013 at 7:25am:
man of steel is leading with pacific rim close behind. the wolverine is gaining followed by elysium.

IP Logged

Reply #40 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 6:30am

kirok   Offline
God Member

da_Bunnyman wrote on Jul 7th, 2013 at 8:44pm:

Does look good.
Trailer can be seen here

i hate clooney. i looked at the trailer and there he was, floating in in a studio in front of a blue screen and looking at nothing while he takes the direction. "ok george. you're viewing the heavens. you are awestruck" clooney needs to work on his awestruck.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #41 - Jul 29th, 2013 at 6:39am

kirok   Offline
God Member

the wolverine won the weekend. but u.s. box office came to a paltry 55 million. but worldwide box office was 141 million give or take a few hundred thou. digital distribution has made this possible. is that good or bad for movie quality. i love wolverine but i say bad.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #42 - Aug 2nd, 2013 at 11:02pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

kirok wrote on Jul 29th, 2013 at 6:39am:
the wolverine won the weekend. but u.s. box office came to a paltry 55 million. but worldwide box office was 141 million give or take a few hundred thou. digital distribution has made this possible. is that good or bad for movie quality. i love wolverine but i say bad.

I'd love to go into some of my problems with the film but almost every one would require a spoiler warning.

Wait, thought of a general one.
There are quite a few scenes that start the plot out that are in Japanese language. Not one damn subtitle for the first 45 minutes of the film though. After that every one is subtitled.
Plus for a master fighter and lifetime soldier, Wolverine gets the crap beaten out of him quite a lot in the film.

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #43 - Aug 10th, 2013 at 1:58pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

the word on elysium is "sucks"

??

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #44 - Aug 12th, 2013 at 8:13am

kirok   Offline
God Member

a panel at the las vegas convention ranked the trek movies and into darkness came in last. i could not agree more. in the sense that the reboot people need to be sent a message. star trek: the motion picture is still the biggest stinker of them all.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=785599758123198&set=a.131005510249296.24...
« Last Edit: Aug 12th, 2013 at 12:38pm by kirok »  

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4