WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: if you could burn all copies of "Niagravation" would you?

« Created by: kirok on: Jan 2nd, 2015 at 5:26pm »

Pages: 1 2 3 
MARATHON FROM HELL - ANTI-Suggested movies! (Read 36515 times)
Reply #30 - Dec 17th, 2014 at 12:29am

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

da_Bunnyman wrote on Dec 16th, 2014 at 11:04pm:
Pretty sure I slept through Star Crystal.
Really cheesy trailer, check out 55 seconds in when the group runs around some vintage mall escalators.

Worst part is Corman made some halfway decent low budget sci-fi films that never seem to show up.

IP Logged

Reply #31 - Dec 17th, 2014 at 12:34am

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

da_Bunnyman wrote on Dec 16th, 2014 at 11:04pm:
Pretty sure I slept through Star Crystal.
Really cheesy trailer, check out 55 seconds in when the group runs around some vintage mall escalators.

Worst part is Corman made some halfway decent low budget sci-fi films that never seem to show up.

It was on at about 5am, so there were many who (fortunately for them) slept through it. But, us Marathon droids soldiered on. It wasn't a Corman film, however. As I noted, it was a pick-up that New World distributed. And, Corman already had sold the company by that time anyway so he was never involved.

IP Logged

Reply #32 - Dec 17th, 2014 at 1:17pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Speaking of Roger Corman, I would rather see Corman's stuff from the 50's than his later stuff at the thon...  As for Star Crystal, who can forget the haunting ballad... Crystal of the Stars.

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #33 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 1:35pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

NIAGRAVATION

Director Joe Romano hustling to sell his movie. One of his stops? The Coolidge Corner Cinema for SF/21. The movie was booed off the screen. Romano was 'greeted' with a hail of abuse - but, his sincerity paid off, and the crowd actually cheered him as he left the stage.

The movie? Uh, not so cheery.

http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/USA-Weird-And-Wacky-Feature-Films/3277119aebd2...

IP Logged

Reply #34 - Dec 22nd, 2014 at 2:40pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

L.A. Connection wrote on Dec 22nd, 2014 at 1:35pm:
NIAGRAVATION

[img]

Director Joe Romano hustling to sell his movie. One of his stops? The Coolidge Corner Cinema for SF/21. The movie was booed off the screen. Romano was 'greeted' with a hail of abuse - but, his sincerity paid off, and the crowd actually cheered him as he left the stage.

The movie? Uh, not so cheery.

http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/USA-Weird-And-Wacky-Feature-Films/3277119aebd2...

I totally agree. The cheers were born of a feeling of guilt for the initial trashing that his movie received in the Q&A as well as Romano coming off as a decent guy trying his best to sell a movie.  Unlike Julie Corman, he won the audience over.  We did not change our minds about the movie but we liked him. 

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #35 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 5:26pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

if you could destroy all copies of niagravation would you do it?

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #36 - Jan 2nd, 2015 at 6:35pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

kirok wrote on Jan 2nd, 2015 at 5:26pm:
if you could destroy all copies of niagravation would you do it?

Wouldn't be too hard since, I believe, the only copies other than the print and neg the Director probably has, are VHS tapes that were privately sold by the Director himself. The few copies that exist outside of his circle of crew and friends are probably buried in landfill or at the bottom of stacks of tapes in Salvation Army stores...

IP Logged

Reply #37 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 1:06pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Good a time as any to show the Godard classic ALPHAVILLE, now that a remake is in the works!

http://www.thewrap.com/alphaville-remake-in-the-works-from-twin-peaks-cinematogr...

IP Logged

Reply #38 - Jan 13th, 2015 at 2:11pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

L.A. Connection wrote on Jan 13th, 2015 at 1:06pm:
Good a time as any to show the Godard classic ALPHAVILLE, now that a remake is in the works!

http://www.thewrap.com/alphaville-remake-in-the-works-from-twin-peaks-cinematogr...

It will never be a good time to show this at the marathon. Zzzzzzz.....Zzzzzzzzz....Zzzzzzzzzzzz

IP Logged

Reply #39 - Jan 26th, 2015 at 2:23pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Feast on this
SCHEDULE FROM HELL
buddy boys:

Noon       MOONRAKER
              RAGNAROK
              CABINET OF DR. CALIGARI
              EDGE OF TOMORROW
              Premiere of TRAIL OF MOTIVATIONAL FOLKLORE GROWTH
              THIS ISLAND EARTH
Midnight THEM!
              DAY THE EARTH STOOD STILL - yeah, 3 50s flicks in row! 
4AM        2001 - Try to stay awake during this!  Tongue
              IRON GIANT
              SNOWPIERCER
              BIG TROUBLE LITTLE CHINA

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3