WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Man claims he time traveled for the government. (Read 9185 times)
Apr 29th, 2012 at 10:29am

Caleb451   Offline
NYC

Can someone go back in time and "lose" the print of Demon Lover?
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/04/28/andrew-basiago-seattle-attorney-time-tr...

Dinner break? What's a dinner break?
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 10:35am

Metaluna   Offline

"MAKE ME A SERGEANT, CHARGE THE BOOZE!"
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 11:50am

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Quote:

I'm reminded of all of those "past lives" stories that were popular in the eighties. People's experiences were always associated with kings or other major historical figures that we all read about in high school history. Nobody was ever an average joe. Wink

I suspect his story would fall apart really fast if you asked him where he shopped for groceries and how much they cost, or what street he lived on in 1865 and how was it paved.

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Apr 29th, 2012 at 7:53pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Interesting that this topic emerges this weekend. A film called THE SOUND OF MY VOICE opened in L.A. & NYC that's about a woman who claims to be a time traveller. She becomes a sort of cult leader. Could this guy's story be a publicity stunt?

As to SOUND OF MY VOICE itself. It's stars and is co-written by Brit Marling who was also behind last year's ANOTHER EARTH. Like that film, Marling is less interested in the 'Science' of SF, than using it as a means to explore other themes and ideas. Unfortunately, it's kind of a muddle despite some creepy scenes. ANOTHER EARTH had the benefit of a small, quiet, yet hauntingly perfect ending. SOUND ends just as it gets the most interesting.

It hits Boston on May 11th.

But, you CAN see the first 12 minutes here: http://www.soundofmyvoicemovie.com/index2.html

IP Logged

Reply #4 - May 13th, 2012 at 1:22pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

It's only getting worse!
Quote:
Sylvester Stallone’ spotted in 16th century painting
http://movies.yahoo.com/blogs/movie-talk/sylvester-stallone-spotted-16th-century...
Of course, this isn't the first time a current celebrity was thought to resemble someone from way back when. Some wonder if Jack Black and Paul Revere are one and the same. A year or so ago, somebody discovered an old photo of a Civil War soldier who looked a lot like Nicolas Cage.

In an interview with David Letterman, Cage acknowledged the similarities, but insisted that he wasn't a time traveler from the 19th century.

Stallone's publicist had no comment.Shocked

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #5 - May 13th, 2012 at 2:11pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

The SOUND OF MY VOICE movie is out in Boston now. Playing at the Kendall Square

L.A. Connection wrote on Apr 29th, 2012 at 7:53pm:
Interesting that this topic emerges this weekend. A film called THE SOUND OF MY VOICE opened in L.A. & NYC that's about a woman who claims to be a time traveller. She becomes a sort of cult leader. Could this guy's story be a publicity stunt?

As to SOUND OF MY VOICE itself. It's stars and is co-written by Brit Marling who was also behind last year's ANOTHER EARTH. Like that film, Marling is less interested in the 'Science' of SF, than using it as a means to explore other themes and ideas. Unfortunately, it's kind of a muddle despite some creepy scenes. ANOTHER EARTH had the benefit of a small, quiet, yet hauntingly perfect ending. SOUND ends just as it gets the most interesting.

It hits Boston on May 11th.

But, you CAN see the first 12 minutes here: http://www.soundofmyvoicemovie.com/index2.html

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jul 13th, 2012 at 1:10pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Uh, oh. Looks like we have another Time Traveller amongst us - ABRAHAM LINCOLN! (Maybe he's pi$$ed off at that lame Vampires movie out now):

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Jul 27th, 2012 at 4:40am

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #8 - Apr 13th, 2013 at 9:00am

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

21st Century Man