WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20
Re: Today's News Stories (Read 263118 times)
Reply #75 - Jan 3rd, 2012 at 5:26pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

I was wondering why here it is January and not a single title has been announced. What's Garen been up to? Then I saw this:

http://www.lvrj.com/news/alien-cathouse-brothel-to-feature-girls-from-another-wo...
and..
http://io9.com/5870980/inevitably-depressing-alien+themed-brothel-to-open-in-nev...

Oh yeah, that must be it. Wink

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #76 - Jan 3rd, 2012 at 8:58pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

R_F_Fineman wrote on Jan 3rd, 2012 at 5:26pm:
I was wondering why here it is January and not a single title has been announced. What's Garen been up to? Then I saw this:

http://www.lvrj.com/news/alien-cathouse-brothel-to-feature-girls-from-another-wo...

Oh yeah, that must be it. Wink

Hey, I worked with that triple breasted babe (Lycia Naff)! Sorry, to burst people's bubbles though - that third one ain't real.... Wink

IP Logged

Reply #77 - Jan 4th, 2012 at 12:16am

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Quote:
that third one ain't real....

FAKE Breasts in Hollywood! Who'd have thought it! Smiley

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #78 - Jan 12th, 2012 at 11:42am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Happy Birthday, HAL 9000 1/12/92 Urbana, Illinois
« Last Edit: Jan 12th, 2012 at 2:00pm by Frank »  

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #79 - Jan 12th, 2012 at 1:55pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

i believe he is 20.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #80 - Jan 12th, 2012 at 2:03pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

kirok wrote on Jan 12th, 2012 at 1:55pm:
i believe he is 20.

I believe that he "died" or was absorbed about 2 years ago. Who knows what happens when alien super intelligences are involved?   

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #81 - Jan 12th, 2012 at 5:29pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

hal's higher brain functions were de activated from 2001 to 2010. so he only lived 9 years.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #82 - Jan 13th, 2012 at 10:56pm

Metaluna   Offline

Another movie theater will be opening near Boston...on the site of a former movie theater.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/business/2012/01/13/theater-first-tenant-somerville-d...

Quote:
AMC Theatres will open a 12-screen movie complex at Assembly Square in Somerville, becoming the first major retail tenant to commit to opening at the $1.5 billion development on the former industrial property.

The bad news is it's going to be all digital but the good news is they are also considering including a bar. All movies look better in 3B. Or at least you don't mind so much that they are murky.

"MAKE ME A SERGEANT, CHARGE THE BOOZE!"
IP Logged

Reply #83 - Jan 15th, 2012 at 2:38pm

David the Projectionist   Offline
The Living Dinosaur at
the Somerville Theatre

Metaluna wrote on Jan 13th, 2012 at 10:56pm:
Another movie theater will be opening near Boston...on the site of a former movie theater.

Yeah, the one I used to work!

Quote:
The bad news is it's going to be all digital but the good news is they are also considering including a bar.

It will suck, the way all AMC scummyplexes suck.  They dont give a sh!t about presentation: they only care that you buy their popcorn.  And the LieMax, if they install it, will be 2K video.
     If your idea of going to the movies is to watch an oversized TV screen, AMC is for you.
     You should give the Somerville your business.

I have seen the future, and it is sucky digital....
IP Logged

Reply #84 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 7:37am

kirok   Offline
God Member

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #85 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 7:57am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

IP Logged

Reply #86 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 10:18am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Celebrate James Bridges birthday. Among his many accomplishments, he wrote the screenplay based on the D.F. Jones novel for Colossus: The Forbin Project

From Alfred Hitchcock Geek:

The director of such movies as THE PAPER CHASE, THE CHINA SYNDROME and URBAN COWBOY, was an actor when Norman Lloyd tapped him to write an episode for ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS. He then wrote 15 more, among them the most lauded and memorable in the series, including "The Jar," "An Unlocked Window," and "Where the Woodbine Twineth." Bridges died in 1993 at the age of 57, survived by his longtime companion, Jack Larson who is familiar to many as Superman's Jimmy Olsen.

IP Logged

Reply #87 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 12:37pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

what are people's predictions for the superbowl? specifically;will madonna have a wardrobe malfunction? will madonna sleep with the winning team?

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #88 - Feb 3rd, 2012 at 1:22pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Quote:
Quote   what are people's predictions for the superbowl? specifically;will madonna have a wardrobe malfunction?....

"Is there any man in america who hasn't already see your busooms?" Rosie O'Donnell to Madonna in "A League of Their Own"

"I predict PAIN." Mr. T in "Rocky II"

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #89 - Feb 6th, 2012 at 10:44pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

My hoetown won't ever be the same.  I have met these guys.  They are super nice and I wish them well on this new project.  They are the team that brought Hatchet and Hatchet 2 and Frozen to the big screen.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/regionals/west/2011/11/05/adam-green-sets-sitco...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 20