WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10
Break Music Thread (Read 116185 times)
Reply #15 - Dec 28th, 2011 at 5:16pm

ed symkus   Offline
SF Rocks

Har Har Har!!! I'm sure it's not on that list. It was played right after "The Invisible Boy."

IP Logged

Reply #16 - Jan 18th, 2012 at 9:51am

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

With a good secret suggestion from LA, I've got Break Music for the two titles announced so far, but with the 'Thon three weeks away where are the rest of the titles?
I may have to lay off my staff,

and replace them with Siri! Shocked

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #17 - Jan 23rd, 2012 at 9:14am

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

We've hit the ground running on the titles!

LA suggested the rich melodic theme from the Charlton Heston "Omega Man"; like Vangellis' gorgeous music for "Blade Runner", this makes for great pre-thon background music for the excited and chatty crowd....check!
Ookla The Mok fans...check!
The Carpenters fans er, uh, fan...check!
Like the gentle tonality of 1930's Sweet Jazz, Harry Belafonte or Sid Vicious?...check!
Warren Zevon?...check!
DEVO?...check!

I stand corrected on the "Cowboy Bebop" title. It turns out not to be the live-action black and white serialized film about folk singing/bar fighting bounty Hunters that was well received one or two years back. What was that called?

The one we're getting? Well, it's Japanimation. If the film is as coherent as the trailer then I've got a little Marvin Gaye number waiting.  Wink

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #18 - Jan 23rd, 2012 at 9:25am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Cowboy Bebop has a neat jazz score.

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #19 - Jan 25th, 2012 at 11:16pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

Yeah, Warren Zevon's "Roland the Headless Thompson Gunner" seems a natural for Re-Animator, and of course "Frankenstein" by Edgar Winter Group. Maybe "Let's Talk Dirty to The Animals" by Gilda Radner for Island of Lost Souls. "Martian Hop" for Paul.

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #20 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 7:56am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Rise of the Planet of the Apes - The Kinks of course with Apeman.

Island of Lost Souls - Nine Inch Nails : Closer  Bloodhound Gang : The Bad Touch.

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #21 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 10:12am

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Bunnyman:
Quote:
...for Island of Lost Souls
...for Paul

Frank:
Quote:
Rise of the Planet of the Apes...
Island of Lost Souls ...

Thanks guys: Those are some pretty good ideas. I found that songs about animal-non-men, apes, and missing heads weren't hard to find.

Missing Head of French Implant Maker Arrested!

http://news.yahoo.com/ex-head-french-breast-implant-maker-arrested-071034143.htm...

The tough one is the return of "Battlestar Gallactica". Last year I used "It Ain't Easy Being (Lorne) Green." and "Yoshimi vs. the Robots." We came up with a couple of okay robot titles but I'm still racking my brain. Any thoughts there?

Also, any word on whether we can get the equipment required for the music to play through the theater sound system? For the people seated next to the current PA speaker this would be a happy addition. Smiley

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #22 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 10:33am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

R_F_Fineman wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 10:12am:
Quote:
Bunnyman:
Quote:
...for Island of Lost Souls
...for Paul

Frank:
Quote:
Rise of the Planet of the Apes...
Island of Lost Souls ...
-

Thanks guys: Those are some pretty good ideas. I found that songs about animal-non-men, apes, and missing heads weren't hard to find.

[img]

Missing Head of French Implant Maker Arrested!

http://news.yahoo.com/ex-head-french-breast-implant-maker-arrested-071034143.htm...

The tough one is the return of "Battlestar Gallactica". Last year I used "It Ain't Easy Being (Lorne) Green." and "Yoshimi vs. the Robots." We came up with a couple of okay robot titles but I'm still racking my brain. Any thoughts there?

The theme from Bonanza works well does it not? 
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2012 at 1:14pm by Frank »  

IP Logged

Reply #23 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 12:52pm

David the Projectionist   Offline
The Living Dinosaur at
the Somerville Theatre

R_F_Fineman wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 10:12am:
Also, any word on whether we can get the equipment required for the music to play through the theater sound system? For the people seated next to the current PA speaker this would be a happy addition.

As I said, the equipment necessary to do this is not hard to get, but nobody has asked me anything about it.
     You would have to rent it from a company like Rule, & I would be happy to help set it up.
     Thats as far as things got the last time this was brought up....

I have seen the future, and it is sucky digital....
IP Logged

Reply #24 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 1:15pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Although the Cylon fighters are not exactly flying saucers they are saucer shaped so how about Flying Saucer Attack by the Rezillos.

IP Logged

Reply #25 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 1:59pm

Caleb451   Offline
NYC

There was one year when the CD for playback was set up in the projection booth to go through main audio system, but due to Dave's hectic schedule very few discs were actually played. So unless you want to sit up by the booth and start each disc yourself it doesn't really work to approach it that way.
I don't think it's realistic to expect Dave to play DJ with everything else that he has to get done during our thing.
Just sayin'

Dinner break? What's a dinner break?
IP Logged

Reply #26 - Jan 26th, 2012 at 10:25pm

David the Projectionist   Offline
The Living Dinosaur at
the Somerville Theatre

Caleb451 wrote on Jan 26th, 2012 at 1:59pm:
I don't think it's realistic to expect Dave to play DJ with everything else that he has to get done during our thing.

That is absolutely not what I'm suggesting!
     What RF has to do is rent a radio transmitter & receiver.  Run the audio into the transmitter through cables (RCA to XLR, in all likelihood), send the signal to the receiver in the booth, the receiver signal is sent through XLR cables into the booth mixing board, inputted into the sound system, and voila!  All I have to do is make sure the right button is selected during the breaks, which I think I manage [sarcasm].
     Should be pretty cheap to rent.  I can hook it all up in fifteen minutes.

I have seen the future, and it is sucky digital....
IP Logged

Reply #27 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 8:58pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

Another idea for Paul, Bonzo Dog (DooDah) Bands "I'm the Urban Spaceman"

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #28 - Jan 28th, 2012 at 10:53pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Quote:
Another idea for Paul, Bonzo Dog (DooDah) Bands "I'm the Urban Spaceman"

Love that song. We had the original version by Neil Innes of Monty Python fame on a "possible" list before titles were announced.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neil_Innes

Although he's a spaceman Paul's not really Urban so we came up with songs by Arco and the Atlanta Rhythm Section on that one. "Urban Spaceman" along with songs about strange babies, blue aliens, white musical aliens and their ilk  have made it to our database and may well make it to the musical lineup someday. (Songs about crazy people are set for about ten marathons worth!)

Thanks for the imput. It looks like Robot songs are in demand this year. We have Mojo Nixon and Elvis Costello all over Enhidran and board members have been helping out on Gallactica II

Overall this year is just asking for it!

Thanks for the ideas. Keep them coming.

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #29 - Jan 29th, 2012 at 7:37am

kirok   Offline
God Member

don't forget about bill shatner's recent album. he covers space truckin, space oddity and many more.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 10