WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Sf/48 2023 marathon recap and reviews (Read 2003 times)
Reply #15 - Mar 23rd, 2023 at 10:05am

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

UncleTim wrote on Mar 22nd, 2023 at 3:35pm:
L.A. Connection wrote on Mar 19th, 2023 at 1:54pm:
Couple of quick points:

1. Yes, HAPPY ACCIDENTS got derailed by a faulty disc. Nothing to do with the length.

2. As to the scheduling. There are a lot of factors including juggling all of the film prints in the booth. If it's mostly all digital, that frees up the order a bit more. But, with this year's committment to film, one must keep in mind what DAK has to maneuver in the projection booth.
And, bottom line, I've been part of the scheduling for years. One thing I've come to fully understand: YOU CAN'T MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY!

Cheers

1. Ok, so that explains it. We weren't totally sure and to be honest from the balcony it was hard to discern what was being said from the stage so if anyone had announced that, we must have missed it. The timing just proved to be a... wait for it... happy accident.

2. Ok, fair point, but being as exhausted as we were we reserved the right to some mild grumbling, whether justified or not.  Wink

It was announced a few times. Maybe your podcast duties got in the way.  Smiley

And, even though I had input, I wasn't totally on board with the final schedule. BUT, that just proves the point - YOU CAN'T MAKE EVERYONE HAPPY!!

I do think it was pretty good overall. Some biggies on both ends with some lighter stuff around dinner time. Putting Future-Kill in the no man's land etc.

IP Logged

Reply #16 - Mar 25th, 2023 at 8:24pm

kirok1   Offline
anybody order fried sauerkraut?

i was watching "Konga" on svengoolie last week and the i think there was an edit in the print that we saw at the marathon. this should NEVER happen at a marathon. the scene wa s near the end where the young blond student (that the professor was hitting on) got her hand caught in a man eating plant. at the marathon ther was only one scene of her screaming as the plant got her hand. but on svengoolie they showed the plant pulling her deeper into it's digestion chamber as she screamed and struggled in vain to free herself. it was disturbing but still it should have been included in the marathon reels. the same ommission happened on a showing of "the last woman on earth". a scene in which the single man was walking on the beach and saw a fresh female cadaver and clearly was considerring necrophelia.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2