WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

What I got in Frank's Swag Bag! (Read 5271 times)
Mar 12th, 2014 at 2:40pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Nobody started this thread, but it is well worth opening even at this late date.

THANK YOU FRANK for keeping up this labor of love. It can't be said enough!

What did I get?

A cool re-release Pressbook for the Original FRANKENSTEN and DRACULA double bill release!

Some fun collectible genre cards!

An original 8x10 from the Harryhausen marathon fave, EARTH VS THE FLYING SAUCERS!

And, the classic book on 50s SF films, SCIENCE FICTION GOLD!

thanks again, Frank.

Now, what did YOU get?

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 13th, 2014 at 11:53am

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

I know how you feel L.A., I always look forward to the goodie bags. So many random items show up in them that I can only imagine a setup like some old time cartoon Santa's workshop to fill them.
Good catch on the SF Gold book, I know it well.

I got a ferris wheel, some cotton candy and a horse that sweats a lot.
No wait, that was Christmas. Smiley (and there is an explanation for that list, though not a good one.)

My goodie bag contained

A hardcover book "Dark Water" a collection of short stories by Koji Suzuki who wrote the story the film The Ring was based on.

Some random comics

An issue of The Monster Times horror fan newspaper of years ago. Those are interesting to see the film titles announced but never done.

And I add my gratitude to Frank and his helpers/associates/fellow marathoids, who continue this fun tradition every year.

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Mar 15th, 2014 at 2:41pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

"I got a rock."

Well, actually it was two comic books. My wife got the same. I wonder if one of the teenagers behind me looted us when we were setting up the sound system. Generally, Franks bags have been spectacular: Roger Corman double feature DVDs, "Nightmare before Christmas" action figures and some rockin' fridge magnets have graced the bag in the past years.

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Mar 16th, 2014 at 12:38pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

R_F_Fineman wrote on Mar 15th, 2014 at 2:41pm:
[img]

"I got a rock."
Well, actually it was two comic books. My wife got the same. I wonder if one of the teenagers behind me looted us when we were setting up the sound system. Generally, Franks bags have been spectacular: Roger Corman double feature DVDs, "Nightmare before Christmas" action figures and some rockin' fridge magnets have graced the bag in the past years.

It's more likely that your loot bag was looted.  I have never given just two comics in the bags.  Now I did catch a couple of folks going through some bags before I shooed then away so it is possible.  In any event, I wil have something set aside for the both of you for 40.  After all, the least I can do for the music and meassageboard trivia couple.  I has spoken!

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Mar 16th, 2014 at 1:41pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Frank wrote on Mar 16th, 2014 at 12:38pm:
R_F_Fineman wrote on Mar 15th, 2014 at 2:41pm:
[img]

"I got a rock."

It's more likely that your loot bag was looted.  I have never given just two comics in the bags.  Now I did catch a couple of folks going through some bags before I shooed then away so it is possible.  In any event, I wil have something set aside for the both of you for 40.  After all, the least I can do for the music and meassageboard trivia couple.  I has spoken!

That is B.S.!

Frank bleeds his heart out, and folks steal $hit!

Seriously, that is a crime against the spirit of the Marathon. Violators should be banned for LIFE!

Again. Thank you, Frank.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Mar 17th, 2014 at 10:24pm

Caleb451   Offline
NYC

Frank knows me all to well and filled my goodie bag with horror themed pin-up/chessecake stuff, including a signed Julie Strain photo book!
That family knows their goodie bags!

Dinner break? What's a dinner break?
IP Logged