WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
The long delayed SF38 Time Lapse is Finally Posted (Read 19579 times)
Reply #15 - Feb 2nd, 2014 at 8:37am

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

Rich Bartlett wrote on Feb 2nd, 2014 at 7:51am:
Curious. It does seem to working fine now.

Maybe they saw we liked John Carter and decided to let it pass. Smiley

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #16 - Feb 2nd, 2014 at 8:52am

Neil_N   Offline
YaBB Newbies
SF Rocks
Boston

da_Bunnyman wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 11:37pm:
Worked for me too, even when I switched to YouTube to watch fullscreen. Usually they'd just block the sound rather than remove the video.

They seem to have a new option where, if you acknowledge that the music is third-party content, they just play ads over it that send money to the owner. To be honest, I'm perfectly cool with that. I really like the Space Mountain music for these things, and I didn't want to use freaking "Toubou" again.

IP Logged

Reply #17 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 9:30am

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Niel's time-lapse film, like the ones before it, demonstrate how hale and hearty many of the attendees are during the 24 Hours! Many are the brave marathoners who stay glued to their seats from the Atomic Fireball to the last announcement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWG-r15Jkos

It also tells another story: Some of the best seats in the house -the center section five to ten rows back are occupied by people's belongings the entire time!

Who hasn't asked "Are those seats taken?" and had the response "I'm saving them for..." The time lapse clearly shows that some of those fine seats are saved for coats, blankets and munchies while unfortunate marathoners have to look at the screen from a corner or a distant balcony seat. So please be considerate and remember we're all in this together.

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #18 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 11:18am

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

R_F_Fineman wrote on Feb 15th, 2014 at 9:30am:
Niel's time-lapse film, like the ones before it, demonstrate how hale and hearty many of the attendees are during the 24 Hours! Many are the brave marathoners who stay glued to their seats from the Atomic Fireball to the last announcement.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWG-r15Jkos

It also tells another story: Some of the best seats in the house -the center section five to ten rows back are occupied by people's belongings the entire time!

Who hasn't asked "Are those seats taken?" and had the response "I'm saving them for..." The time lapse clearly shows that some of those fine seats are saved for coats, blankets and munchies while unfortunate marathoners have to look at the screen from a corner or a distant balcony seat. So please be considerate and remember we're all in this together.

Good point R.F.
In the words of Harry Tuttle (Robert DeNiro) from the film Brazil.
"Remember, we're all in this together."

Though for what it's worth the front row seats in the big auditorium at The Somerville are great seats, even the side rows.

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #19 - Feb 15th, 2014 at 7:10pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

This year's lineup should keep a lot of us glued to our seats. Ready for blastoff!

The Mysterians

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #20 - Feb 28th, 2014 at 10:46pm

Neil_N   Offline
YaBB Newbies
SF Rocks
Boston

I'm seriously thinking of picking up a second camera to do an alternate angle time lapse for next year. The folks in the balcony never show up, because there's a bank of house lights mounted on there that completely blind the camera between each movie.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2