WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
Somerville Theatre News & Updates (Read 65167 times)
Reply #30 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 6:55pm

David the Projectionist   Offline
The Living Dinosaur at
the Somerville Theatre

kirok wrote on Nov 4th, 2011 at 5:54pm:
okay goldfinger. you've made your point.

Thats my James!

I have seen the future, and it is sucky digital....
IP Logged

Reply #31 - Nov 5th, 2011 at 3:56pm

The Living Dinosaur at
the Somerville Theatre

REMINDER!

Metropolis plays here on 12 November in all its digital (errrr) glory.  Those of you who are interested should get your tickets now.

IP Logged

Reply #32 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 4:40pm

Metaluna   Offline

From the Somerville Theater Facebook page...any takers?

Quote:
J. EDGAR opens Friday. In honor of the former FBI head: Men: show up in a dress this Friday night and get a free small popcorn!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150453575251663&id=131940086...

"MAKE ME A SERGEANT, CHARGE THE BOOZE!"
IP Logged

Reply #33 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 10:40pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Metaluna wrote on Nov 7th, 2011 at 4:40pm:

Quote:
J. EDGAR opens Friday. In honor of the former FBI head: Men: show up in a dress this Friday night and get a free small popcorn!

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10150453575251663&id=131940086...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjGAZjRe8t4

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #34 - Nov 7th, 2011 at 10:47pm

The Living Dinosaur at
the Somerville Theatre

Metaluna wrote on Nov 7th, 2011 at 4:40pm:
Quote:

Personally, Ive never believed for a moment the cross-dressing/homosexual rumours that have circulated about Hoover, however delicious I consider those rumours to be.
     The facts that we can ascertain is that Hoover was a disastrous public servant: a cold-blooded, power-hungry/mad viper, who abused the trust of his office and, in the end, did far more harm --- what with his communist conspiracy BS (after the Brinks Job: "We may have at last found the connection between organized crime & the Communist Party) (to give but one easy example) --- than good.
     Ultimately, like so many others who gained great, unaccountable power in the US (Robert Moses, Dick Cheney, Father Coughlin, Westerbrook Pegler, Joe McCarthy, et al), he was a repellent disgrace, and, really, his name should live in infamy.
     I have my doubts about the right-wing Mr Eastwood successfully dealing with such nuances, but I will watch the movie (one of the perks of my job).

IP Logged

Reply #35 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 12:31am

Metaluna   Offline

Frank wrote on Nov 7th, 2011 at 10:40pm:

I'll have your spam, Frank. I love it.

IP Logged

Reply #36 - Nov 8th, 2011 at 11:55am

kirok   Offline
God Member

i might go if i knew meta luna was not waiting outside with a cell phone camera.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #37 - Nov 12th, 2011 at 12:51pm

The Living Dinosaur at
the Somerville Theatre

Been working on Metropolis since 9.30 this morning.  Got the picture to look better than it really has a right to.

IP Logged

Reply #38 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 12:44am

Metaluna   Offline

David the Projectionist wrote on Nov 12th, 2011 at 12:51pm:
     Been working on Metropolis since 9.30 this morning.  Got the picture to look better than it really has a right to.

Thanks for your efforts! It looked terrific and we all had a great time. We had ten people in our group, several of whom have not been to the Somerville in years. They remarked on the transformation that has taken place over those years.

I have only ever seen Metropolis at the marathon before tonight. It was actually kind of nice to see it on its own. Alloy Orchestra was fantastic.

IP Logged

Reply #39 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 6:51am

Rich Bartlett   Offline

My wife and I also enjoyed the show. Good Job.

IP Logged

Reply #40 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 11:32am

The Living Dinosaur at
the Somerville Theatre

Metaluna wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 12:44am:
Thanks for your efforts! It looked terrific and we all had a great time. We had ten people in our group, several of whom have not been to the Somerville in years. They remarked on the transformation that has taken place over those years.

Yeah, the place is much different & much better from when I first started working there, when I was hauled out of retirement by the now-General Manager.  He built me quite a booth!

IP Logged

Reply #41 - Nov 13th, 2011 at 11:35am

The Living Dinosaur at
the Somerville Theatre

Rich Bartlett wrote on Nov 13th, 2011 at 6:51am:
My wife and I also enjoyed the show. Good Job.

Thanks! 
     But I think Alloy & Fritz Lang deserve most of the credit.

IP Logged

Reply #42 - Dec 18th, 2011 at 8:13pm

The Living Dinosaur at
the Somerville Theatre

For those of you who are interested, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (the new one) opens at the Somerville on Tuesday night.  There will be, on that Tuesday night, one show only in the big house, & then it moves to one of the other theatres to make room for Slutcracker (which has been selling out).
     Even though it was shot on digital, we will be showing it on FILM.

IP Logged

Reply #43 - Dec 20th, 2011 at 2:05am

The Living Dinosaur at
the Somerville Theatre

David the Projectionist wrote on Dec 18th, 2011 at 8:13pm:
     For those of you who are interested, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (the new one) opens at the Somerville on Tuesday night.  There will be, on that Tuesday night, one show only in the big house, & then it moves to one of the other theatres

Correction: It will be running in the big house for most of the week, & then moving in there for Christmas.
     You wont see it better anywhere else.

IP Logged

Reply #44 - May 11th, 2012 at 6:09pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Nice piece on the Bond series at the Somerville. Ian Judge is interviewed. The website, Cinema Retro, is well worth bookmarking, too:

http://www.cinemaretro.com/index.php?/archives/6747-JAMES-BOND-FILM-FESTIVAL-IN-...

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5