WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
Planning for the BIG 50th Anniversary Marathon has begun! Chime in on your ideas and thoughts.
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
SUGGESTIONS FOR SF/50 POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

kingdom of the apes (Read 618 times)
May 13th, 2024 at 8:54pm

kirok1   Offline
anybody order fried sauerkraut?

2 hours 25 minutes, very boring. i left after an hour and played pinball for an hour and came back for the ending. this series is taking forever to get to the good part. by that i mean taylor, zira, cornelius, dr. zaius, nova. followed by the one with the underground mutants.
spoiler alert
can someone please tell me how the big orangutan died and what was willliam h macy's role in the story. the human sub plot was really stupid suffice to say you do not need a decryption key if both sides of a communication channel want to talk to each other.
so where are we now? the apes are in the hunter gathering stage. non mute humans are in enclaves of underground bunkers surrounded by radiation and are an ultra geek culture salvaging the carcass of a nuked civilization. the first mutant is just starting to shed her skin and her biological clock is ticking. the writers have got some explaining to do there. does she have to mate with another mutant? no 2 mutants are going to mutate in the same way so.....

IP Logged

Reply #1 - May 24th, 2024 at 12:54pm

Caleb451   Offline
NYC

I absolutely love Rise, Dawn, and War, but Kingdom has no business being talked about in that company. Soulless trash that I'm trying to forget I ever saw.

Dinner break? What's a dinner break?
IP Logged

Reply #2 - May 24th, 2024 at 11:43pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

I'm sure it's at least decent, but, I just can't get excited about seeing a Tenth Apes film. Especially one that threatens to start a new trilogy -- or, more!

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Sep 4th, 2024 at 1:29pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Finally caught up with it. It's pretty good, if unnecessary.

IP Logged