WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
SF 42 reaction thread (Read 14268 times)
Reply #15 - Feb 28th, 2017 at 2:10pm

G.I. Joe   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Fightin' for a better
Marathon

Hi folks!

Really liked this years marathon! The overnight hours got a bit bumpy and we had two awful picks back to back which sucked, but I like almost all of the rest

Hitchhikers guide - its okay. nothing great, but enjoyable enough

Galaxy Quest - one of my faves. I still watch it often. great with this crowd too

Creature From Black Lagoon - wanted tosee it in 3D, but still glad it showed. we needed more oldies and fewer idiots in the crowd making fun of it

Gattaca - good solid sci-fi if not the most exciting

Mad Max Black & White - I didn't know this version existed. Its really good. with great kickass action! And, the babes were hot!

Brazil - seen this one a few times and I needed to eat. what I saw was still pretty cool on the big screen

Timecrimes - I liked it even if some of it was confusing. the babe was hot and I liked the way it kept you guessing about what was really going on

John dies at the End - Yes! I don't care if it doesn't make sense! It's cool and that's that!!

Neither heaven nor whatever - who booked this war movie at the marathon? WTF?! So freakin' boring, too. I tried to sleep but didn't get much shuteye. a waste!

The giant paper mache whatever - who booked this P.O.S.?!! Who thinks this crap is funny? I got a bit of sleep, but finally wandered out to get some coffee in the lobby and whatnot. I walked in over an hour later and this garbage was STILL playin! How long was it? 3 hours? Ugh

Predator - now we're talking! Arnold and Jesse kick alien butt! Still pretty cool special effects and action. Predator 2 next year!

Rocketeer - ok. a bit too slow. Connelly is gorgeous. I like the models and stuff. And, the Nazi ending is wicked cool.

Tremors - another one of my faves. I almost left early because Ive seen it so many times on video, but, I couldn't leave! It's just so much fun

Overall I had a really good time with my troops. I just wish we'd get rid of useless trash like that French war movie and festival idiocy like Paper Mache.

And, more oldies next year too!

See ya all there!

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2