WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

KRRISH 3 (Read 4834 times)
Nov 5th, 2013 at 1:02am

Jay Seaver   Offline
Somerville, MA

It's Diwali, when Indian movie companies tend to release their big blockbusters (ENDHIRAN was a Diwali release a few years back), and this year's big one is KRRISH 3, a sequel to KRRISH, which itself was a sequel to KOI... MIL GAYA (which explains why there is no KRRISH 2).

It's actually a lot of fun, a superhero movie that happily piles more action and plot twists on starting early so that its average-by-Bollywood-standards two and a half hour length zips by pretty quickly.  Hrithik Roshan is entertaining in his dual roles, Priyanka Chopra remains very pretty, and the big action scene in the end compares well to the likes of MAN OF STEEL.  There are three songs, but only one really goes on too long and seems like a random music video stuck in the middle of a movie.

In Boston, it's playing at Apple Cinemas Fresh Pond and Regal Fenway, and also in the suburbs.  I had a pretty good time with it, and think it should be pretty new-viewer friendly - all you need to know is recapped pretty painlessly, though I did see the previous two when they came out.  I actually liked it better than the movies it follows; it's tighter and less all over the place in its tone.

My full review

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 3:27am

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

But, is it as fun as ENDHIRAN?

Jay Seaver wrote on Nov 5th, 2013 at 1:02am:
It's Diwali, when Indian movie companies tend to release their big blockbusters (ENDHIRAN was a Diwali release a few years back), and this year's big one is KRRISH 3, a sequel to KRRISH, which itself was a sequel to KOI... MIL GAYA (which explains why there is no KRRISH 2).

It's actually a lot of fun, a superhero movie that happily piles more action and plot twists on starting early so that its average-by-Bollywood-standards two and a half hour length zips by pretty quickly.  Hrithik Roshan is entertaining in his dual roles, Priyanka Chopra remains very pretty, and the big action scene in the end compares well to the likes of MAN OF STEEL.  There are three songs, but only one really goes on too long and seems like a random music video stuck in the middle of a movie.

In Boston, it's playing at Apple Cinemas Fresh Pond and Regal Fenway, and also in the suburbs.  I had a pretty good time with it, and think it should be pretty new-viewer friendly - all you need to know is recapped pretty painlessly, though I did see the previous two when they came out.  I actually liked it better than the movies it follows; it's tighter and less all over the place in its tone.

My full review

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 11:27pm

Jay Seaver   Offline
Somerville, MA

Different sort of fun; Krrish 3 is more "entertaining action/adventure" compared to Endhiran's "what the heck did I just see?"

IP Logged