WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: How much time in "Gravity" will feature zero gravity sex?

0 minutes    
  0 (0.0%)
2 minutes    
  0 (0.0%)
5 minutes    
  1 (33.3%)
10 minutes    
  0 (0.0%)
George Bush is an idiot    
  2 (66.7%)

Total votes: 3
« Created by: kirok on: Sep 26th, 2013 at 10:19pm »

Pages: 1 2 
Gravity (Read 19519 times)
Reply #15 - Nov 13th, 2013 at 11:36pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

also, a fire extinguisher would no more violently propel you backwards into the wall of your spacecraft in a zero gravity environment than it would jerk you backwards here on earth. you are weightless in space but you do have the same mass as you do on earth. and mass is the relevant figure of interest when you are dealing with forces like fire extinguisher exhaust. nonetheless i do recommend GRAVITY for the marathon. we absolutely must have 3d. is there such a thing as makeshift IMAX conversion? is it asking too much?

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #16 - Dec 30th, 2013 at 5:20pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Here's a short we should consider if/when we run "Gravity" at the Marathon

Quote:
Aningaaq (2013)

Aningaaq, an Inuit fisherman camping on the ice over a frozen fjord, talks through a two way radio with a dying astronaut who is stranded in space, 500 kilometers above Earth. Even though ... See full summary »

Director: Jonás Cuarón
Writer: Jonás Cuarón
Stars: Sandra Bullock, Orto Ignatiussen, Lajla Lange

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3277552/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_3

---Spoiler (sort of)----------------
Unless I miss my guess, this was probably an alternate ending that they will, no doubt, include in the DVD release.
Wouldn't it be a joy to be among the few to have seen it on the big screen.  Smiley

I still pride myself as being among an elite few to have seen the film "Mant" in its entirety on the big screen in glorious black and white!

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2