WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Messageboard Poll - Vote NOW @ Bostonsci-fi.com (Read 5640 times)
Oct 4th, 2012 at 3:59pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

There is a poll on the Main Website about This Messageboard.

Vote Here: http://www.bostonsci-fi.com/node/407

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 5:25pm

Joe Neff   Offline

So...uh...could Garen be any more transparent about his hatred for the message board?  Is there really a need to hold a referendum on a forum that's always served its own purpose and isn't a threat of any kind to the other promotional outlets?

Of course, if no criticism (even of the constructive variety) of the event is to be allowed, then......yeah, you see where I'm going.  I've always respected Garen, but this comes across as a very petty and pedantic move.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2012 at 7:23pm

Metaluna   Offline

I'm going to start a poll asking if we still need Burger Kings. You will have to go to Wendy's to answer it.

"MAKE ME A SERGEANT, CHARGE THE BOOZE!"
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 11:30am

Brendan   Offline
YaBB Newbies
SF Rocks
Brookline NH

I like the message board, even if I don't post too often. It gives me a sense of community with the rest of the Thon folks, and I learn a lot about the movies and the event itself.

Probably like a lot of other folks, my reading of the message board is episodic; rarely in the summer and fall, but it grows more steadily as the Thon approaches, until I'm checking things out a few times a day.

Keep the message board!

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Oct 6th, 2012 at 1:49pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

if we terminate the message board will it go to silicon heaven?

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Nov 13th, 2012 at 7:37pm

pogo   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Beautiful Cleveland, Ohio

Keep it going.
As a newbie to the Marathon last year, I know that Garen actually monitors it. And was quite gracious in responding to messages posted here.
Those of us who are only dragged screaming into the 21st century appreciate a traditional (10 year old) type of communication.
If it dies, let it do so on it's own merits. Not due to a premature euthanasia.

Thars only two possibilities:Thar is life out there in the universe which is smarter than we are,or we're the most intelligent life in the universe.Either way, it's a mighty sobering thought-WaltKelly
IP Logged