WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 
Star Trek insanity (Read 36141 times)
Feb 29th, 2012 at 11:57am

kirok   Offline
God Member

a few photos have leaked out as filming starts on st2.
that's benedict cumberpatch as guest villian. he's vulnerable to the vulcan nerve pinch and to phasers. that would rule out the squire of gothos, apollo, Q, gary mitchel. he's to old to be charlie x.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 4:14pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Quote:
he's vulnerable to the vulcan nerve pinch and to phasers. that would rule out the squire of gothos, apollo, Q, gary mitchel. he's to old to be charlie x.

He looks too buff to be the Horta. He's too butch to be a Metron. He doesen't look like Gorn material either. Wink

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 4:38pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

It concerns me a little bit that Spock is grimacing in the shot. Humans sure, Klingons always, but a Vulcan grimacing? Huh

I guess I'm one of those people who always prefers the original to the remake.  Wink

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 4:41pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

R_F_Fineman wrote on Mar 1st, 2012 at 4:38pm:
It concerns me a little bit that Spock is grimacing in the shot. Humans sure, Klingons always, but a Vulcan grimacing? Huh

[img]
I guess I'm one of those people who always prefers the original to the remake.  Wink

Dammit JIm, he is half human!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Mar 1st, 2012 at 7:44pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

the wind is blowing and they are on some kind of derelict construction. could he be harry mudd and are they on the di-lithium mines of rigel 12?

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Mar 2nd, 2012 at 8:18am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

R_F_Fineman wrote on Mar 1st, 2012 at 4:14pm:
Quote:
he's vulnerable to the vulcan nerve pinch and to phasers. that would rule out the squire of gothos, apollo, Q, gary mitchel. he's to old to be charlie x.

He looks too buff to be the Horta. He's too butch to be a Metron. He doesen't look like Gorn material either. Wink

And I was sooooooooooo hoping for a re-make of And the Children Shall Lead.  Hail hail fire and snow call the angel.........

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #6 - Mar 2nd, 2012 at 9:37am

kirok   Offline
God Member

in picture 2 it looks like uhura was aiming the phaser at cumberpatch's head and she is now taking it off. she was about to take him into custody and beam up to the enterprise but he somehow talked his way out of it. the crafty harry mudd could do that.
where on the web is there an exhaustive study of these 2 photos?

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #7 - Mar 2nd, 2012 at 11:25am

kirok   Offline
God Member

teaser: there's 4 more photos. the structure is referred to as a barge. stay tuned.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #8 - Mar 2nd, 2012 at 12:47pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Spoilers

Well he appears to be wearing a black starfleet uniform and it would appear that he is not susceptible to the nerve pinch so he may not be humanoid or is at least an enhanced humanoid.  He is giving Spock a tussle as it appears that he breaks free of the nerve pinch.  Presumably, he is hurt by the phaser blast based on the photos.  It is difficult to guess based on static photos without fx.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Mar 2nd, 2012 at 6:33pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

more photos and some analysis here.

http://trekmovie.com/2012/02/24/more-photos-from-star-trek-set-imax-camera-spott...

uhura does shoot cumberpatch. but this could be at the end of the movie. maybe he survives the shot maybe not.
he does have a bruise on the left cheek but this is on the opposite side of the phaser shot. it's no suprise that they are shooting in imax.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #10 - Mar 14th, 2012 at 10:40pm

ed symkus   Offline
SF Rocks

IP Logged

Reply #11 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 3:59pm

Metaluna   Offline

SHATNER!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZBpnyT4Vdtk

For March 15th.

"MAKE ME A SERGEANT, CHARGE THE BOOZE!"
IP Logged

Reply #12 - Mar 15th, 2012 at 5:36pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Metaluna wrote on Mar 15th, 2012 at 3:59pm:

Cool! Free Enterprise

Hell, this movie would have been a much better choice than Folklore and it is not even science fiction...

OK, I will let it go............ maybe.

IP Logged

Reply #13 - May 10th, 2012 at 4:55pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

it's a wrap on star trek II.

http://www.startrek.com/article/star-trek-sequel-wraps-production

what can be inferred from the inset photo. the fabric could be romulan. it is red and in has the rank insignia on the cuff of the sleeve. confusing!! federation officers wear solid colors. blue, gold, red.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #14 - Jul 11th, 2012 at 7:04am

kirok   Offline
God Member

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3