WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
FULL LINEUP! Note Order: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2024 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Mask compliance (Read 1312 times)
Feb 18th, 2022 at 9:46am

anu3bis   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Attending (2003) & the
Music Meister (2016-)
Somerville, MA

I really appreciate the rules towards ensuring COVID safety - requiring vaccinations and boosters, masks required indoors at all times - but it's not gonna help if you don't enforce.

Look at the photo on Facebook "Watching Iké Boys at the @somerville_theatre. "

7 people not wearing masks, out of a group of around 40.

attending since 2003 SF28,
Music Meister since 2016.
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Feb 18th, 2022 at 11:58am

UncleTim   Offline
SF Rocks

Totally agree. I recognize enforcing the policy can be difficult (and given how some people react to things these days, even potentially dangerous), but otherwise what's the point?

It makes me feel better about our decision to stay home this time around.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Feb 18th, 2022 at 3:59pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

UncleTim wrote on Feb 18th, 2022 at 11:58am:
Totally agree. I recognize enforcing the policy can be difficult (and given how some people react to things these days, even potentially dangerous), but otherwise what's the point?

It makes me feel better about our decision to stay home this time around.

And, are folks really going to be scrutinized for 2 vaxx shots and a booster at the front door? All 300?

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Feb 18th, 2022 at 5:43pm

David the Projectionist   Offline
The Living Dinosaur at
the Somerville Theatre

L.A. Connection wrote on Feb 18th, 2022 at 3:59pm:
And, are folks really going to be scrutinized for 2 vaxx shots and a booster at the front door? All 300?

Yup.

I have seen the future, and it is sucky digital....
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Feb 18th, 2022 at 6:11pm

Metaluna   Offline

I assume people are allowed to remove masks while they are eating.  Gotta get the concession money.

What is the theater accepting as proof of vaccination? Is the Massachusetts app with QR code acceptable? Picture of vax card or do people need the original?

"MAKE ME A SERGEANT, CHARGE THE BOOZE!"
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Feb 18th, 2022 at 6:23pm

David the Projectionist   Offline
The Living Dinosaur at
the Somerville Theatre

Metaluna wrote on Feb 18th, 2022 at 6:11pm:
I assume people are allowed to remove masks while they are eating.  Gotta get the concession money.

Sure.

Quote:
What is the theater accepting as proof of vaccination? Is the Massachusetts app with QR code acceptable? Picture of vax card or do people need the original?

Original vax card or a picture of it are accepted.
     For those attending, please keep your masks on if youre not eating or drinking.  You dont want to catch this bug.  I certainly dont.

I have seen the future, and it is sucky digital....
IP Logged