WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
FULL LINEUP! Note Order: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2024 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

9 Marathon Films Announced! (Read 2622 times)
Jan 13th, 2022 at 1:38pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

First three movies for the Marathon announced:

LOVE & MONSTERS
COSMOS
DAY THE EARTH CAUGHT FIRE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usgYUbvy00I
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2022 at 11:00am by L.A. Connection »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2022 at 11:38am

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Yesterday, it was COSMOS (2019), LOVE AND MONSTERS and DAY THE EARTH CAUGHT FIRE.

Just announced: STAR TREK: FIRST CONTACT, INVISIBLE WOMAN and THE MAN WHO SAVED THE WORLD (aka Turkish Star Wars).

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jan 18th, 2022 at 11:02am

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Next batch:

OUTBREAK

I, ROBOT

SUPERMAN II: THE DONNER CUT

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jan 19th, 2022 at 10:56pm

BrianInNH   Offline
YaBB Newbies
SF Rocks

An interesting selection so far.  Some classics, some I have never heard of, some old, some new.  Turkish Star Wars looks really bad.  I’m wondering if it is going to be bad in a good way or not.

Garen said that some films would be online, but not at the theater and others would be at the theater but not online.  He didn’t specify but it sounds like he was referring to the thon as opposed to the fest.  I wonder what the differences will be.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jan 20th, 2022 at 12:39am

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

BrianInNH wrote on Jan 19th, 2022 at 10:56pm:
An interesting selection so far.  Some classics, some I have never heard of, some old, some new.  Turkish Star Wars looks really bad.  I’m wondering if it is going to be bad in a good way or not.

Garen said that some films would be online, but not at the theater and others would be at the theater but not online.  He didn’t specify but it sounds like he was referring to the thon as opposed to the fest.  I wonder what the differences will be.

The virtual stuff will be all from the festival. Unfortunately, it's live or bust for the marathon, but there may be some social media

IP Logged