WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Carlo Rambaldi 1925 - 2012 (Read 3551 times)
Aug 11th, 2012 at 12:40am

Caleb451   Offline
NYC

Master creature creator Carlo Rambaldi past away today.
He designed E.T., the Close Encounter aliens, built the Alien suit around Giger's design and so much more.
RIP

Dinner break? What's a dinner break?
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 1:32pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Caleb, I know you attend a lot of makeup shows and programs - did you ever come into contact with Rambaldi?

It should also be mentioned that Rambaldi came up through the Italian film industry and had a hand on a variety of projects such as Andy Warhol's DRACULA and FRANKENSTEIN, Argento's DEEP RED (which played at a Welles Schlock Around The Clock Marathon), Bava's TWITCH OF THE DEATH NERVE (a Welles Horror Marathon entry) and our all time Marathon cult classic PLANET OF THE VAMPIRES.

Isn't it time that we finally show E.T.? I mean we've shown GALAXINA - twice!

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2012 at 8:46pm

Caleb451   Offline
NYC

I never had the honor of meeting the man.
A great excuse to rewatch PotV!

Dinner break? What's a dinner break?
IP Logged