WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Spoiler Only Thread (Read 15829 times)
Apr 26th, 2012 at 8:35am

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

LA:
Quote:
Maybe, we should start a SPOILER ONLY sub-thread so that we can clearly discuss....

Here it is folks!
A thread about spoilers...read at your own risk!

I remember my first spoiler...(seriously)...and I never forgave my childhood favorite cartoonist for it.

More than a few online sources mention it, proving that I wasn't the only one traumatized.

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 8:48am

Metaluna   Offline

As I was preparing to watch Soylent Green for the first time on television my father told me the big surprise.

"MAKE ME A SERGEANT, CHARGE THE BOOZE!"
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 8:59am

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Metaluna:
Quote:
As I was preparing to watch Soylent Green for the first time on television my father told me the big surprise.

What POSESSED him?

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 10:17am

kirok   Offline
God Member

the secret of "the crying game" is: the guy is really a chick.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 11:37am

Metaluna   Offline

R_F_Fineman wrote on Apr 26th, 2012 at 8:59am:
Metaluna:
Quote:

What POSESSED him?

He was trying to make a joke about how I should get some crackers to eat during the movie. I didn't get it. So he had to ruin the ending so I would laugh at his joke. Roll Eyes Couldn't have waited another hour or two.

A kid in my class in junior high also blurted out the truth about Luke Skywalker's parentage the first day after the movie came out. I think I was going to see it later that day.

And yeah, The Crying Game was spoiled for me too. I still haven't bothered to watch it.

I hate spoilers. Angry

"MAKE ME A SERGEANT, CHARGE THE BOOZE!"
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 1:05pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

Metaluna wrote on Apr 26th, 2012 at 11:37am:
R_F_Fineman wrote on Apr 26th, 2012 at 8:59am:
Metaluna:
Quote:

What POSESSED him?

He was trying to make a joke about how I should get some crackers to eat during the movie. I didn't get it. So he had to ruin the ending so I would laugh at his joke. Roll Eyes Couldn't have waited another hour or two.

A kid in my class in junior high also blurted out the truth about Luke Skywalker's parentage the first day after the movie came out. I think I was going to see it later that day.

And yeah, The Crying Game was spoiled for me too. I still haven't bothered to watch it.

I hate spoilers. Angry

i SAID i was sorry about the Sigourney Weaver/Paul thing.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #6 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 1:08pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

kirok wrote on Apr 26th, 2012 at 10:17am:
the secret of "the crying game" is: the guy is really a chick.

that's a famous simpson spoiler. mayor diamond joe quimby said it and i think the movie was still in theaters.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #7 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 7:17am

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

They went that-a-way!

10 most undignified deaths in science fiction. (I take it the seventeen year old who compiled this list hasn't seen any David Cronenberg films or the waiting room in "Beetlejuice". -RF)

http://io9.com/5878731/10-most-undignified-deaths-in-science-fiction-and-fantasy

to save you clicking on the link:

10. John Locke, Lost
9. Everyone in A Song of Ice and Fire by George R.R. Martin
8. Donald Gennaro, Jurassic Park
7. George, Dead Like Me
6. Anya, Buffy: The Vampire Slayer
5. Newt and Hicks, Alien 3
4. The Sixth Doctor, Doctor Who
3. Cyclops and Professor X in X-Men: The Last Stand
2. Padme, Star Wars Episode III: Revenge of the Sith
1. James T. Kirk, Star Trek: Generations.

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #8 - Jun 13th, 2012 at 5:08pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

will you people who have seen prometheus please give it the unmitigated vitriol that it deserves? it sucks. it has charlize theron running away from an alien spaceship that is rolling on it's side. she eventually gets crushed and thereby the film has been lowered  to the level of a roadrunner/coyote cartoon. if ridley scott does a directors commentary for the dvd the only thing he can say during this scene is " i'm sorry. what was i thinking? how did i not see how bad this was becoming?"
the avengers had thoroughly re energized my suspension of disbelief circuits. (ironman grabs a nuclear tipped cruise missle and flys it into the alien mothership! good grief!) but there was no way i could buy the crap that was for sale in prometheus. the stupid idiot is on a mission to contact alien life and when he does make contact he has no protocols or training to guide him. so he just says "hi there boy. how you doing today? i'm not menaced by your tentacleeeeYAHHHHHHHH. GET IT OFF ME! GET IT OFF ME AHHHHH AAHHHH" And this guy is subsequently transformed into a flesh eating zombie. the plot just goes around and around like that for a while and they wrap it all up in some bullshit alien mystery of why did they create us and why do they want to destroy us. i'm flabbergasted.
« Last Edit: Jun 13th, 2012 at 9:10pm by kirok »  

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #9 - May 3rd, 2013 at 7:27pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Veteran character actor Sean Bean* is working on "Scorched Earth"** the story of a post-apocalyptic bounty hunter. He's such a great acting presence you can't help but root for him. I hope he makes it!

Swords, bullets, falls sure but cows! Shocked

*http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000293/?ref_=tt_cl_t1

**http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2392748/

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #10 - May 7th, 2013 at 9:37pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #11 - May 8th, 2013 at 8:16pm

ed symkus   Offline
SF Rocks

'STAR TREK' minor spoiler --

So I interviewed Simon Pegg. A phoner. I asked him for his thoughts on the little shout outs "Into Darkness" sends to "Trek" fans. Because neither of us wanted to give things away about the film, we only discussed a minor one. I would not have been upset knowing this when when going to the movie, but I just want to warn you that a tidbit is about to be given away, if you read on. I think it's OK to.

Simon Pegg: “I was in New York, and one of the producers brought me the script. I went up to my room to read it, and I kind of thought I’ll read the first few pages then I’ll go down and do some Christmas shopping. But I couldn’t stop reading it, and every now and again I would leap out of my chair and just laugh my ass off because there were these brilliant little things, like what they did in back-referencing previous ‘Star Trek’ moments. Even little stuff like the moment in the movie when Uhura, Kirk, and Spock go down to Kronos. The ship they use to go down there is a little shuttle, and if you listen very carefully, they talk about it being the ship that was confiscated during the Mudd incident. That ship they go down to Kronos in belonged to Harry Mudd, which is just glorious! To anyone who doesn’t know the original series, that line doesn’t matter, but to anyone who does, it’s such a gift! It’s a great feeling.”

IP Logged

Reply #12 - May 8th, 2013 at 9:01pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

harry mudd's first ship was destroyed by an asteroid in "mudd's women". his second ship can be presumed to be the one that he used in "I Mudd". therefore it can be presumed that both episodes have been passed in the timeline and neither can be employed in a feature film. this sucks Angry Angry Angry Cry

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #13 - May 9th, 2013 at 7:35am

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Quote:
Quote:
Ed:
That ship they go down to Kronos in belonged to Harry Mudd
Kirok:...it can be presumed that both episodes have been passed in the timeline and neither can be employed in a feature film. this sucks

Kirok: Remember the reboot is not beholden to the old scripts and timelines and remember to never underestimate the resilience of Harcourt Fenton Mudd! In a previous post, I thought of a great actor to play this most infamous of intergalactic rascals. This recently found picture suggest I may have guessed right:

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #14 - May 9th, 2013 at 4:48pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

highly dubious. the subject in this photo knows who is photographing him so j.j. would surely find out who did it and blacklist them.
also kirk is just now meeting the mother of his unborn son so we have to wait at least 20 years before he (son of kirk) is introduced in the reboot of "wrath of kahn"

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2