WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

TONINO GUERRA: 10th VICTIM Screenplay FELLINI etc (Read 5342 times)
Mar 21st, 2012 at 8:10pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

TONINO GUERRA, one of the great Italian screenwriters has passed on. He co-wrote the screenplay for the funky funky but chic 10TH VICTIM which was at SF/7. I tracked down a rare subtitled print a few years ago and passed along the info.

But, far more importantly, Guerra wrote films with such luminaries as Federico Fellini (AMARCORD), Michaelangelo Antonioni (BLOW UP), Andrei Tarkovsky (NOSTALGHIA), Francesco Rosi (CHRIST STOPPED AT EBOLI), Theo Angelopolous (who just passed away himself in a tragic accident - ETERNITY AND A DAY) and many others. He is a rare foreign screenwriter who scored three Oscar nominations.

His other genre titles included ANDY WARHOL'S FRANKENSTEIN, GHOSTS ITALIAN STYLE and MEDUSA VS THE SON OF HERCULES.

A great great scribe.... Cry

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 22nd, 2012 at 7:16am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

L.A. Connection wrote on Mar 21st, 2012 at 8:10pm:
TONINO GUERRA, one of the great Italian screenwriters has passed on. He co-wrote the screenplay for the funky funky but chic 10TH VICTIM which was at SF/7. I tracked down a rare subtitled print a few years ago and passed along the info.

But, far more importantly, Guerra wrote films with such luminaries as Federico Fellini (AMARCORD), Michaelangelo Antonioni (BLOW UP), Andrei Tarkovsky (NOSTALGHIA), Francesco Rosi (CHRIST STOPPED AT EBOLI), Theo Angelopolous (who just passed away himself in a tragic accident - ETERNITY AND A DAY) and many others. He is a rare foreign screenwriter who scored three Oscar nominations.

His other genre titles included ANDY WARHOL'S FRANKENSTEIN, GHOSTS ITALIAN STYLE and MEDUSA VS THE SON OF HERCULES.

A great great scribe.... Cry

[img]

I cannot fathom how this movie was allowed to slip by........   I doubt whether we will see it again..... on film anyway...
« Last Edit: Mar 22nd, 2012 at 10:12pm by Frank »  

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 1:49pm

Jon   Offline
MA

Non-sequitor Alert!

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Mar 23rd, 2012 at 7:15pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

I'm sure Frank was referring to the print of 10TH VICTIM that was located a few years back.

But, I will also add that folks should imdB Tonino Guerra and check out some of the films he collaborated on. A truly landmark career who got to work with many greats. Your film education isn't complete without a sampling of maestro Guerra's work.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0346096/

Jon wrote on Mar 23rd, 2012 at 1:49pm:
Non-sequitor Alert!

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Mar 24th, 2012 at 1:19pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

I was referring to Tony's first line about the movie.  I am well aware of that loveable olf red's body of work.  Speaking of which, I love burritos!!!

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged