WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
SF/46 2021 Reviews and comments (Read 6956 times)
Reply #15 - Feb 27th, 2021 at 4:00pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

kirok1 wrote on Feb 26th, 2021 at 4:47pm:
ha ha gotcha!trick question. erin moran died in a trailer park in wisconson 3 years ago.

I believe Erin made the cut when she did pass. So, no ha ha
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2021 at 3:03pm by L.A. Connection »  
IP Logged

Reply #16 - Mar 2nd, 2021 at 10:38am

Caleb451   Offline
NYC

I think, while intending no offense, that the obit piece can be much shorter in the future. I believe this year it was 21 mins.
Just a thought, and only my own.

Dinner break? What's a dinner break?
IP Logged

Reply #17 - Mar 2nd, 2021 at 3:04pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Caleb451 wrote on Mar 2nd, 2021 at 10:38am:
I think, while intending no offense, that the obit piece can be much shorter in the future. I believe this year it was 21 mins.
Just a thought, and only my own.

Oh, it's not just your own.  Wink
« Last Edit: Mar 2nd, 2021 at 7:37pm by L.A. Connection »  
IP Logged

Reply #18 - Mar 3rd, 2021 at 10:04pm

Caleb451   Offline
NYC

If we ever have to do another virtual 'Thon I would suggest (plea, beg) that a way is found to to stream all the content live, so everyone participating is experiencing the same material at the same time. And that a second element of social media is present for comments and discussions in real time among the tribe. I couldn't tell you what apps would provide what, but it doesn't seem like that big a reach in these modern technological times.

Dinner break? What's a dinner break?
IP Logged

Reply #19 - Mar 5th, 2021 at 7:33pm

kirok1   Offline
anybody order fried sauerkraut?

i have noticed the evolution of the obit piece. it used to be just stills and music? mostly stills with a spurious handful of clips.
there used to be cinematographers, producers, special effects techs all of whom have probably won academy awards but nobody knows who the hell they are other than the occasional ray haryhausen or roger corman caliber. so that got dumped and i'm glad.
i like a good lengthy obit with long clips of classic iconic scenes from an actors career. some would deserve 2 or 3 clips (william shatner). i would keep a close eye on all star trek and star wars major and minor characters.
i have no problem with a 20 minute or 30 minute obit loop.
p.s. william shatner is not dead.
« Last Edit: Mar 6th, 2021 at 3:33pm by kirok1 »  
IP Logged

Reply #20 - Mar 7th, 2021 at 1:51pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Caleb451 wrote on Mar 3rd, 2021 at 10:04pm:
If we ever have to do another virtual 'Thon I would suggest (plea, beg) that a way is found to to stream all the content live, so everyone participating is experiencing the same material at the same time. And that a second element of social media is present for comments and discussions in real time among the tribe. I couldn't tell you what apps would provide what, but it doesn't seem like that big a reach in these modern technological times.

Any other comments from folks who watched the virtual thon?

IP Logged

Reply #21 - Mar 12th, 2021 at 3:08pm

kirok1   Offline
anybody order fried sauerkraut?

L.A. Connection wrote on Mar 7th, 2021 at 1:51pm:
Caleb451 wrote on Mar 3rd, 2021 at 10:04pm:

Any other comments from folks who watched the virtual thon?

at the risk of going off topic: are you implying that the thread has gone off topic?

IP Logged

Reply #22 - Mar 18th, 2021 at 7:14am

BrianInNH   Offline
YaBB Newbies
SF Rocks

I liked being able to watch the movies out of order because we both could not get out of having to work the next day, so we were able to watch the movies that we were most interested in.   

We did miss being part of a large audience, but I don't think that any virtual medium is going to be able to capture that feeling.  Just having comments scrolling at the side of a movie would be an annoying nightmare.  I would be looking for a way to turn that off immediately.

Personally, I like the long in memorium.  It helps to get you in the mood for the thon before the thon begins.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2