WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
FULL LINEUP! Note Order: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2024 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Poll Poll
Question: should my ad astra review discuss scientific inaccuracies?

no    
  0 (0.0%)
yes    
  1 (100.0%)
yes but only if very bad    
  0 (0.0%)
george bush is an idiot    
  0 (0.0%)

Total votes: 1
« Created by: kirok1 on: Sep 15th, 2019 at 8:48pm »

ad astra review (Read 4719 times)
Sep 15th, 2019 at 8:48pm

kirok1   Offline
anybody order fried sauerkraut?

should my ad astra review preclude all mention of scientific inaccuracies?

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Sep 22nd, 2019 at 3:15pm

kirok1   Offline

it sucked
i walked out on it

they had an escalator on the moonbase. who the futt needs an escalator on the moon? it's 1/6th gravity. and they have the rockets running full time as the go to mars and they are in zero gravity. it does not work that way. and why on earth would the norwegians be doing biological research on gibbons on an asteroid?

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 4th, 2019 at 5:13am

Rich Bartlett   Offline

This was dumb from beginning to end. With all the goofy things being thrown onto the screen it could have been a screenplay from the fifties from a third rate studio that somehow got all the money they needed, but without the space girls in bikinis.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Oct 4th, 2019 at 8:45pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

I get what Director James Gray is going for, but, the combination of Brad Pitt's sullen narration (if a good overall performance) and a poorly thought out screenplay keeps it from reaching it's goals. Good Production Design and effects.
When I say Bad Science, I mean REALLY Bad Science.  The most glaring example is that the film depicts radio transmissions between distant planets like they are phone calls! Mere seconds insteads of the hours they would take.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Oct 5th, 2019 at 12:38pm

kirok1   Offline

the absolute worst was when pitt used futting duct tape to fix a space suit visor that had a gaping hole in it. if you've ever tried to make an airtight seal with duct tape you know it is an exercise in futility.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Oct 5th, 2019 at 12:42pm

kirok1   Offline

and can someone please tell me how it ends? i walked out soon after pitt somewhat accidentally/somewhat intentionally killed the crew of the rocketship.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Oct 12th, 2019 at 3:02pm

kirok1   Offline

i want to know the ending
please
help me
hellllp meeeee

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Oct 13th, 2019 at 12:18pm

Rich Bartlett   Offline

After Father and son talk. Dad decides to float off into space and son blows up Dad's ship and rides shockwave back home.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Oct 13th, 2019 at 5:12pm

kirok1   Offline

oh God. did they ever say why the shockwave didn't at least punture everybodies eardrum on earth?

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Oct 13th, 2019 at 6:58pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

kirok1 wrote on Oct 13th, 2019 at 5:12pm:
oh God. did they ever say why the shockwave didn't at least punture everybodies eardrum on earth?

C'mon a movie that doesn't even know what any grade school science student knows about how long it takes to send messages between faraway planets is going to even try to explain that?

IP Logged