WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
FULL LINEUP! Note Order: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2024 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Suggestions for 2019's SF44 (Read 16617 times)
Feb 21st, 2018 at 12:24pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Whaddya have in mind for 2019's, SF/44 folks?

Perhaps, more pure SCI-FI?  Wink

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 3:47pm

Dinsdale   Offline
SF Rocks

Yes to more pure Sci-Fi!!

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Feb 21st, 2018 at 10:55pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

Well it's the 50th Anniversary of the moon landing so maybe some moon themed films?
Maybe try to finally make contact with Spaceman Bill Lee (last attempted at SF4) (kidding on that one.)
Maybe a second screening for films not shown since SF4? (Monolith Monsters, The Bed Sitting Room, On The Beach.)

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 9:01am

Krypto   Offline
YaBB Newbies
SF Rocks

PLAN 9 FROM OUTER SPACE turns 60 in 2019.  Maybe a showing of that or ED WOOD?

For a weird choice I'd enjoy seeing PICNIC AT HANGING ROCK.  It's got a similar vibe to last year's NEITHER HEAVEN NOR EARTH in terms of being inscrutable "maybe, maybe not" scifi but I think it might play better.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 11:52am

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

da_Bunnyman wrote on Feb 21st, 2018 at 10:55pm:
Well it's the 50th Anniversary of the moon landing so maybe some moon themed films?)

I wouldn't mind doing something for the Moon Anniversary, but, let's keep it fictional (MOON ZERO TWO, DESTINATION MOON) and not show a NASA Documentary. As much as I personally like them, I'd rather do pure sci-fi.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 1:17pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

L.A. Connection wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 11:52am:
Well it's the 50th Anniversary of the moon landing so maybe some moon themed films?)

I wouldn't mind doing something for the Moon Anniversary, but, let's keep it fictional (MOON ZERO TWO, DESTINATION MOON) and not show a NASA Documentary. As much as I personally like them, I'd rather do pure sci-fi.

Yeah, Moon Zero Two is a fun space western that is so 60's era looking that you expect them to watusi any minute.
Maybe a collection of silent sci-fi related shorts, including Melies Trip To The Moon?
Or even the Wallace & Gromit short "A Grand Day Out".

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #6 - Feb 23rd, 2018 at 4:57pm

Lile   Offline
SF Rocks

da_Bunnyman wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 1:17pm:
L.A. Connection wrote on Feb 23rd, 2018 at 11:52am:

Yeah, Moon Zero Two is a fun space western that is so 60's era looking that you expect them to watusi any minute.
Maybe a collection of silent sci-fi related shorts, including Melies Trip To The Moon?
Or even the Wallace & Gromit short "A Grand Day Out".

I suggest “A Grand Day Out” almost every year, and “trip to the Moon” would be very fun. I also want to suggest the short “Le Jette”, it’s way overdue for a return to the marathon.

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 7:38am

i am kirok   Offline
YaBB Newbies
SF Rocks

iron sky for the moon landing anniversary.

IP Logged

Reply #8 - Feb 26th, 2018 at 9:59pm

Lile   Offline
SF Rocks

Garen goes to all the trouble of having a film festival, why not show one of the movies at the ‘thon. Motivational Growth not withstanding, i’m sure there’s one or two movies that would be good for the ‘thon.

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 5:51am

Rich Bartlett   Offline

Other suggestions for Moon landing films:
Moontrap
Apollo 18
Transformers 3: Dark of the Moon
Men in Black 3
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me
Fly Me to the Moon
Stowaway to the Moon
12 to the Moon
Catwomen of the Moon

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 12:01pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Lile wrote on Feb 26th, 2018 at 9:59pm:
Garen goes to all the trouble of having a film festival, why not show one of the movies at the ‘thon. Motivational Growth not withstanding, i’m sure there’s one or two movies that would be good for the ‘thon.

As you know, the history of Festival films at the 'thon is complicated. For every COHERENCE that goes over well, there's two or three that don't. Part of it, is that we have a core of 'old timers' at the 'thon who want to keep it seperate from the Festival.

For those reasons, I think showing a short or two is the best way to overlap the Fest and the 'Thon. PLUS, we do have the micro-cinema showing Fest stuff for hours on end. I've suggested putting out the micro-cinema schedule in advance (and synching it with the 'Thon sked) so that more people could plan to skip out on a 'thon feature to catch some Fest stuff.

IP Logged

Reply #11 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 1:09pm

Dinsdale   Offline
SF Rocks

Iron Sky would be perfect for the 'Thon crowd!

IP Logged

Reply #12 - Feb 27th, 2018 at 10:25pm

Rich Bartlett   Offline

Countdown
Mouse on the Moon
The Dish

IP Logged

Reply #13 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 11:26am

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

I think one lunar related flick will be plenty.

Since this past year only had three movies from the past 25 years on the schedule, how about some suggestions from the 90s to the present?

IP Logged

Reply #14 - Mar 1st, 2018 at 2:16pm

Lile   Offline
SF Rocks

I would suggest “ A Trip to the Moon “ from 1902. Something from the 90s or later would be great.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2