WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 
PRE-MARATHON SF/43, 2018 Film Discussion (Read 49718 times)
Reply #30 - Feb 4th, 2018 at 6:59pm

i am kirok   Offline
YaBB Newbies
SF Rocks

is there any chance we could get "solo". even a slight chance. there is always some hope. that's the lesson of star wars.

IP Logged

Reply #31 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 5:41am

Rich Bartlett   Offline

The Boston Sunday Globe article on the festival and marathon mentions the 1920 silent film Algol and The Time Machine (no year given) being in the marathon line-up.

www.bostonglobe.com/arts/specials/winter-arts/2018/02/01/scene-here-boston-sci-f...

IP Logged

Reply #32 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 11:34am

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Last year's interesting, low-key A.I. drama MARJORIE PRIME has been added to the lineup.

IP Logged

Reply #33 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 3:14pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

I haven't gotten official word on those two, that's why I haven't listed them in the masthead or the lineup page (http://sf.theboard.net/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1516900525/0#0). Same with SOURCE CODE and COLOSSAL. Once confirmed, they will be listed.

Rich Bartlett wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 5:41am:
The Boston Sunday Globe article on the festival and marathon mentions the 1920 silent film Algol and The Time Machine (no year given) being in the marathon line-up.

www.bostonglobe.com/arts/specials/winter-arts/2018/02/01/scene-here-boston-sci-f...

IP Logged

Reply #34 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 9:15pm

Dinsdale   Offline
SF Rocks

Well, looks like there could be a few movies I haven't seen before, though I fear they could get dropped like last year Angry
Looking forward to opening night of the festival!

IP Logged

Reply #35 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 11:14pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

L.A. Connection wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 3:14pm:
I haven't gotten official word on those two, that's why I haven't listed them in the masthead or the lineup page (http://sf.theboard.net/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1516900525/0#0). Same with SOURCE CODE and COLOSSAL. Once confirmed, they will be listed.

Rich Bartlett wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 5:41am:

First I'd heard on Algol, but Garen was trying to locate Time Machine. If that is added along with Source Code, Looper, World Without End and the ending of Superman would give us a Time Travel theme for the 'thon.
Also the title Beyond The Black Rainbow was on the list I received.

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #36 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 7:34am

Rich Bartlett   Offline

With all the time travel films maybe Duck Dodgers will be run backwards like what happened during SF21.

IP Logged

Reply #37 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 9:40am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

These postings on the FB page seem suspect.  There are several things still up in the air so I think there may be some last minute revisions.

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #38 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 10:26am

David the Projectionist   Offline
The Living Dinosaur at
the Somerville Theatre

Frank wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 9:40am:
There are several things still up in the air so I think there may be some last minute revisions.

As opposed to the model of stability the line-up has been in all the previous years?  Wink

I have seen the future, and it is sucky digital....
IP Logged

Reply #39 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 12:22pm

i am kirok   Offline
YaBB Newbies
SF Rocks

https://scontent.fbed1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27540768_10156234849043534_59157...

this is the poster for time machine. yvette mimieux looks like she may have mutated in a very unusual way. i will not comment about this on the facebook page but here, anything goes.

IP Logged

Reply #40 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 1:05pm

Jeff Rapsis   Offline
YaBB Newbies
SF Rocks

Hi everyone. Regarding silent ALGOL, about a week ago I was told the film was confirmed for the marathon but have not heard any details since. Would love to do music for this rarely screened (and long lost) title, so hope it runs!

IP Logged

Reply #41 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 1:13pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Jeff Rapsis wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 1:05pm:
Hi everyone. Regarding silent ALGOL, about a week ago I was told the film was confirmed for the marathon but have not heard any details since. Would love to do music for this rarely screened (and long lost) title, so hope it runs!

And, we look forward to hopefully seeing you play!

IP Logged

Reply #42 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 1:29pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

i am kirok wrote on Feb 6th, 2018 at 12:22pm:
https://scontent.fbed1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/27540768_10156234849043534_59157...

this is the poster for time machine. yvette mimieux looks like she may have mutated in a very unusual way. i will not comment about this on the facebook page but here, anything goes.

What are you talking about?

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #43 - Feb 6th, 2018 at 7:51pm

i am kirok   Offline
YaBB Newbies
SF Rocks

look at the poster. look at Yvette mimeaux

IP Logged

Reply #44 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 1:41am

Lile   Offline
SF Rocks

Okay, saw on FB that The Time Machine and I Married  a Monster  from Outer Space have been tentatively announced. I do hope they can be booked. I don’t think The Time Machine has played since the early days at the Welles.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5