WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
Suggestions for SF/43, 2018! (Read 21300 times)
Reply #15 - Jan 17th, 2018 at 10:39pm

UncleTim   Offline
SF Rocks

I'd like to give another vote for "Frau im Mond."

Yes, it's dated by today's standards but for its time, it was hard science fiction, accurately predicting many aspects of rocket science such as the countdown to blast-off and multi-stage rockets.

As always, Lang's visual style is amazing, the lunar landscape sets are beautiful, and the melodrama of the plot is rather charming. I think it'd be a great pick and I love to hear what type of soundtrack Mr. Rapsis could come up with for this.

As for its length, if we could endure Endhiran the Robot, this one should be easy.

IP Logged

Reply #16 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 3:17pm

i am kirok   Offline
YaBB Newbies
SF Rocks

i saw "die frau im monde" in worcester at a film festival about 10 years ago. the live organist was terrific. the audience response seemed very positive and i enjoyed it. the rollout seen for the moonrocket was sensational. it is noteworthy as being the invention of the countdown. we were so close to having it and it got dumped for time constraints?? really??

IP Logged

Reply #17 - Jan 29th, 2018 at 3:26pm

i am kirok   Offline
YaBB Newbies
SF Rocks

Here's my suggestions

"way way out" a tribute to the late jerry lewis.

"what's so bad about feeling good" a tribute to the late mary tyler moore

"night of the demon" if we show this movie then we will have shown every title mentioned in the rocky horror picture show opening number "science fiction double feature"

IP Logged

Reply #18 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 4:57pm

Lile   Offline
SF Rocks

i am kirok wrote on Jan 29th, 2018 at 3:26pm:
Here's my suggestions

"way way out" a tribute to the late jerry lewis.

"what's so bad about feeling good" a tribute to the late mary tyler moore

"night of the demon" if we show this movie then we will have shown every title mentioned in the rocky horror picture show opening number "science fiction double feature"

I don’t recall Rocky Horror Picture Show ever playing the ‘thon. I think it would be kind of fun, maybe show it at midnight.

IP Logged

Reply #19 - Feb 5th, 2018 at 5:25pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Lile wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 4:57pm:

I don’t recall Rocky Horror Picture Show ever playing the ‘thon. I think it would be kind of fun, maybe show it at midnight.

Suggested ROCKY HORROR for Decades! Would have been perfect at the Welles, early years at the Somerville or at the Coolidge. But, I think that ship has passed.

IP Logged

Reply #20 - Feb 7th, 2018 at 2:16pm

i am kirok   Offline
YaBB Newbies
SF Rocks

I would be "the criminologist". ed symkus - riff riff. garden Daley - eddy. la connection - dr. frankenfurter, metaluna - Columbia. funnyman - dr Scott. brad - Dave  the projections. Janet and magenta still open.

IP Logged

Reply #21 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 1:02pm

sas   Offline
YaBB Newbies
SF Rocks

Aw, Source Code is off the list?  We were really looking forward to that one.  Too bad you couldn't get it.  Incidentally, it is that film which kicks off a chapter of "The Mystery Show" podcast, the best one, in fact.  It's called "How Tall is Jake Gyllenhaal."

IP Logged

Reply #22 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 11:43pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

L.A. Connection wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 5:25pm:
Lile wrote on Feb 5th, 2018 at 4:57pm:

Suggested ROCKY HORROR for Decades! Would have been perfect at the Welles, early years at the Somerville or at the Coolidge. But, I think that ship has passed.

Nope we never did show Rocky Horror, but as I recall, doing the "Time Warp" was part of our opening ceremonies for a few of the Coolidge years.

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #23 - Feb 10th, 2018 at 11:50pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

Whoa, Time Machine is in but now Superman's gone.
We're down to 8 films so hopefully we'll have some decent last minute additions soon.

IP Logged

Reply #24 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 1:37pm

David the Projectionist   Offline
The Living Dinosaur at
the Somerville Theatre

da_Bunnyman wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 11:50pm:
We're down to 8 films so hopefully we'll have some decent last minute additions soon.

"Films?"  Surely you jest!   Grin Grin Grin Grin

I have seen the future, and it is sucky digital....
IP Logged

Reply #25 - Feb 11th, 2018 at 2:36pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

David the Projectionist wrote on Feb 11th, 2018 at 1:37pm:
da_Bunnyman wrote on Feb 10th, 2018 at 11:50pm:

"Films?"  Surely you jest!   Grin Grin Grin Grin

Yeah yeah, but ya still see the f word being used to describe what critics criticize, but I guess movie is more appropriate these days.
Just want to know what we're gonna see at the 'thon this year as we are only a week away. (we're at 9 films now.)
I'm not even going to do the 'Airplane" gag.

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2