WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
SF/42 Marathon is in the books! Here's what was shown (in order): HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY, GALAXY QUEST, CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON, GATTACA, MAD MAX FURY ROAD, BRAZIL, TIME CRIMES, JOHN DIES AT THE END, NEITHER HEAVEN NOR EARTH, This Giant Paper Mache Boulder is Actually Really Heavy, PREDATOR, THE ROCKETEER & TREMORS. Reactions? Post here: Comments Thread.
Any Suggestions for 2018's SF/43? Click here
List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click here
Click here for the SF/42 Film Info Page

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2018 at the Somerville Theater, Somerville Massachusetts.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival at the same venue.

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Suggestions for SF/43, 2018! (Read 489 times)
Mar 5th, 2017 at 4:03pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Start 'em up!

Here's a couple - rebook KINGDOM OF THE SPIDERS and WIZARD OF SPEED AND TIME short!

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Mar 9th, 2017 at 12:27pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

I'm still hoping we can see The Last Man On Earth (1924) silent film with live music accompaniment. Or even Woman In The Moon.
Maybe one of the Dr Who movies too.

Nothing wrong with repeats but there are still a bunch of ones never shown. Hey we can get to Revenge Of The Creature now that we've had the original one shown.

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Mar 11th, 2017 at 5:42pm

Jay Seaver   Offline
Somerville, MA

Given the rather uninspiring titles on this list, Rollerball seems like it might be a good choice.

2019, at least, seems to have better options.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Mar 15th, 2017 at 1:43pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

I like ROLLERBALL as an idea for next year.

The 1975 original is one of those movies that even Marathon old-timers probably think must have shown by now. It hasn't. I came close to nailing down a vintage 35mm print, but, that's another whole long story involving OJ Simpson of all people!

Jay Seaver wrote on Mar 11th, 2017 at 5:42pm:
Given the rather uninspiring titles on this list, Rollerball seems like it might be a good choice.

2019, at least, seems to have better options.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Mar 16th, 2017 at 1:58am

Lile   Offline
SF Rocks

Would like to put a plug in for Green Slime, it's so bad everybody would have fun with it. Would like to see Midnight Special, I would rather have seen it than The Giant Papier Mache Boulder.

IP Logged