WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
FULL LINEUP! Note Order: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2024 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

The Ohio Sci-Fi Marathon will be held (Read 5944 times)
Nov 9th, 2016 at 8:46pm

pogo   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Beautiful Cleveland, Ohio

in Bexley, Ohio on the edge of Columbus at the Drexel theater   on March 18-19, one month after Boston.
Y'all come.

Thars only two possibilities:Thar is life out there in the universe which is smarter than we are,or we're the most intelligent life in the universe.Either way, it's a mighty sobering thought-WaltKelly
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Feb 3rd, 2017 at 4:10pm

pogo   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

And here's a rip n' tear of the list from the Columbus site.

Yes, it's FINALLY time! Here's the OFFICIAL FILM LINEUP for the mega-blowout 30th ANNIVERSARY OHIO 24-HOUR SCIENCE FICTION MARATHON (March 18-19 at the Drexel Theater)! We're proud to present:

-Producer Stephen Scarlata IN PERSON to present his passion project, the delirious documentary JODOROWSKY'S DUNE! You might remember Stephen from his appearance at last fall's SHOCK AROUND THE CLOCK. We're proud to welcome him back with a project near and dear to him, one of the great films about filmmaking and madness!

-And as a companion piece, a rare BIG SCREEN showing of David Lynch's epic, wonderfully loony DUNE!

-The MIDWEST PREMIERE of director Nick DiLiberto's handmade animated opus NOVA SEED!

-Kevin McCarthy battling pod people in the all-time classic INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS!

-Donald Sutherland picking up the pieces 22 years later in the stone cold classic 1978 remake of INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS, in glorious 35mm!

-Jeunet and Caro's cult classic CITY OF LOST CHILDREN in glorious 35mm!

-David Cronenberg's psychic warfare spectacle SCANNERS!

-The long-delayed, often-cancelled, sci-fi/horror hybrid SLITHER!

-John Carpenter and Dan O'Bannon's stoneriffic spoof DARK STAR!

-Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, and Martin Freeman in Edgar Wright's energetic romp THE WORLD'S END!

-Rock Hudson in John Frankenheimer's chilling paranoia fable SECONDS!

PLUS!
-The 30th Anniversary Costume Contest (with $100 1st Prize)
-A galaxy of 35mm trailers and shorts!
-SPACEBOY!
-30th Anniversary cake!
-And many more anniversary surprises!

Tickets for this monumental celebration of cinematic excess are $40 in advance, $45 at the door. They're ON SALE at:

-The Drexel Theater (2254 E. Main St.)
-Via PayPal at http://www.scifimarathon.com

Blast off into the stars with us on March 18th! More to come!

Editorial comment. JODOROWSKY'S DUNE is a not to be missed pleasure. It was the hit of the Cleveland Marathon three years ago.

Thars only two possibilities:Thar is life out there in the universe which is smarter than we are,or we're the most intelligent life in the universe.Either way, it's a mighty sobering thought-WaltKelly
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 2:17pm

pogo   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

The 2018 Ohio Marathon will be on March 10-11! Noon to 1pm (to accommodate the missing daylight savings hour)!
This will be barely a month before the (presumed) date of Boston,  April 15-16.
A handful of Columbus fans have attended both, as have I (coming from Cleveland) .
The experience of both (plus the Cleveland event in January) has yet to fry my brain overdfghj---------
I hope.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Nov 5th, 2017 at 10:22pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

You mean AFTER Boston (Feb.18-20)

pogo wrote on Nov 5th, 2017 at 2:17pm:
The 2018 Ohio Marathon will be on March 10-11! Noon to 1pm (to accommodate the missing daylight savings hour)!
A handful of Columbus fans have attended both, as have I (coming from Cleveland) .
The experience of both (plus the Cleveland event in January) has yet to fry my brain overdfghj---------
I hope.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Nov 15th, 2017 at 5:26pm

Lile   Offline
SF Rocks

L.A. Connection wrote on Nov 5th, 2017 at 10:22pm:
You mean AFTER Boston (Feb.18-20)

pogo wrote on Nov 5th, 2017 at 2:17pm:
I hope.

Kinda like the idea of the ‘thon being on April 15-16 as that falls on my birthday and it would be kinda fun to celebrate by watching 24 hours of sci fi movies.

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Dec 3rd, 2017 at 4:02pm

pogo   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Told ya my brain was overdfghj-
Perhaps my lizard brain was hoping for the later date.
See: earlier conversation re thons and the weather.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Feb 2nd, 2018 at 4:30pm

pogo   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

And here's the actual schedule. Rip and repeat from the Columbus website.

It's finally here! The official film lineup for SF35! This year, we're finally making good on the promise of 1999's SF Marathon with a full-fledged, all-star-laden TIME TRAVEL blowout! Featuring:

-Rod Taylor in George Pal's mother of all time travel films, the H.G. Welles-inspired 1960 classic THE TIME MACHINE!

-And as a companion piece, H.G. Welles travels to modern day San Francisco, as Malcolm McDowell, Mary Steenburgen, and David Warner star in the uttterly delightful, oft-requested TIME AFTER TIME!

-Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, Lea Thompson, and Crispin Glover in Robert Zemeckis's beloved 80's classic BACK TO THE FUTURE!

-Bruce Willis, Brad Pitt, and Madeleine Stowe in Terry Gilliam's haunting mind-bender 12 MONKEYS!

-PLUS! A rare screening of Chris Marker's legendary short film LA JETÉE, the inspiration of 12 MONKEYS!

-Keanu Reeves, Alex Winter, and George Carlin tripping their way through time in the ridiculously enjoyable, oft-requested BILL AND TED'S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE!

-A rare 35mm screening of BENEATH THE PLANET OF THE APES, the radical second chapter of everyone's favorite time traveling humans vs. damned dirty apes saga!

-Hugh Marlowe in the 1956 Technicolor-drenched Cinemascope adventure WORLD WITHOUT END!

-THE LAST JEDI director Rian Johnson's highly acclaimed time traveling hitman epic LOOPER, with Bruce Willis and Joseph Gordon-Levitt!

-14th century travelers unstuck in time with the rarely screened 1988 cult classic THE NAVIGATOR: A MEDIEVAL ODYSSEY!

-Ethan Hawke in the underrated PREDESTINATION, a stellar Robert Heinlein adaptation and one of the great modern time travel films!

-John Hughes meets theoretical physics in the 4K restoration of the modern cult classic DONNIE DARKO!

PLUS!
-The 35th Annual Costume Contest (with $100 1st Prize)
-A galaxy of 35mm trailers and shorts!
-Legions of prizes and swag!
-And much, much more!

It all happens Noon March 10th-1pm March 11th at the Drexel Theater, a celebration of cinematic excess like no other!

IP Logged