WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

2016 Break Music (Read 2875 times)
Oct 11th, 2016 at 12:51pm

anu3bis   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Attending (2003) & the
Music Meister (2016-)
Somerville, MA

As per last year, I like to make the music a surprise.

If you have any suggestions, send them to anu3bis@gmail.com, and I'll be glad to put them on the playlist. 

As always, I can't guarantee that every request will play, as we're fitting the time between movies, but the more sources the better!

Thanks for your help,

Dan Abraham

attending since 2003 SF28,
Music Meister since 2016.
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Nov 6th, 2016 at 11:11am

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

As far as I can tell the titles so far are "Rocketeer" and "Metropolis", both great films and both just asking for break music treatment. I'll send you suggestions as generated by Colossus: The break music generator privately, of course but can say publically that one of the tricks of the break music trade is to bring along extra songs to accompany Silent Movies with live performances. Cheesy

Thanks again for taking over the job. While coming up with audio puns is a lot of fun, actually playing songs between twelve features is real work!

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Nov 9th, 2016 at 11:27pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

R_F_Fineman wrote on Nov 6th, 2016 at 11:11am:
As far as I can tell the titles so far are "Rocketeer" and "Metropolis", both great films and both just asking for break music treatment. I'll send you suggestions as generated by Colossus: The break music generator privately, of course but can say publically that one of the tricks of the break music trade is to bring along extra songs to accompany Silent Movies with live performances. Cheesy

Thanks again for taking over the job. While coming up with audio puns is a lot of fun, actually playing songs between twelve features is real work!

The 2nd movie isn't METROPOLIS. It's supposed to be something much much more obscure.
« Last Edit: Nov 10th, 2016 at 7:54am by L.A. Connection »  
IP Logged