WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
FULL LINEUP! Note Order: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2024 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 
SF/42 Announced Films reaction thread, Official (Read 39677 times)
Reply #45 - Feb 11th, 2017 at 3:51pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Confirmation received: The DUCK DODGERS print is on the way! Plus, more shorts announcements to come.

IP Logged

Reply #46 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 10:59am

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

If you've read my posts over the  years you know I'm not one to see a lot of movies multiple times. So other than Mad Max IV I haven't  seen any of these movies  in years if not decades! Four I haven't at all: JOHN DIES, TIMECRIMES, Paper Mache Boulder & HEAVEN  NOR EARTH.

The others?

HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE - Saw it the week it came out in 2005
GALAXY QUEST - Last time I saw it was at the thon 16 years ago at SF/26
CREATURE BLACK LAGOON - I saw it a couple of times when it had it's 3D revival back in the very very early 80s (double bill with IT CAME FROM OUTER SPACE). So, over 30 years!
GATTACA - Not seen it since it's triumphant showing at SF/23, some 19 years ago
MAD MAX IV - I did see it opening weekend last summer
BRAZIL - SF/25!
PREDATOR - the one and only time I saw it was when it came out in 1987. 30 years ago!
ROCKETEER - When it came out in '91
TREMORS - one and only time was at the 'thon in '91!

So, even though I've seen most of the movies, it will still be pretty 'fresh' for my eyes!
« Last Edit: Feb 16th, 2017 at 2:22pm by L.A. Connection »  
IP Logged

Reply #47 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 7:59pm

David the Projectionist   Offline
The Living Dinosaur at
the Somerville Theatre

David the Projectionist wrote on Feb 10th, 2017 at 12:18am:
David the Projectionist wrote on Feb 8th, 2017 at 4:27pm:
da_Bunnyman wrote on Feb 8th, 2017 at 12:35am:
Of the 4 repeats, Galaxy Quest, Brazil, Tremors and Gattaca, would not be surprised if 3 are 35MM prints.

As things stand now (always subject to change, of course), we will be running TWO -- count 'em, TWO -- prints out of thirteen titles.  They are Rocketeer & Hitchhiker's Guide.

And the change has come.  Now I'm being told that Rocketeer, after being listed for weeks as being 35mm, is a DCP.  I'm also being informed that Galaxy Quest will be 35mm.

And the change, she has come again.  A 35mm print of The Rocketeer has arrived, so I'll be showing that.
     We're now up to three prints.   Shocked

I have seen the future, and it is sucky digital....
IP Logged

Reply #48 - Feb 16th, 2017 at 10:34pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Looking forward to the print report as brief as it may be . Also  note that the movies listed in the header are listed in the order scheduled to be shown. I.e. Hitchhikers Guide is 1st up with Tremors as the finale.  Wink
« Last Edit: Feb 17th, 2017 at 10:53am by L.A. Connection »  
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4