WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
FULL LINEUP! Note Order: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2024 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Ant Man (Read 5816 times)
Jul 15th, 2015 at 11:58am

kirok   Offline
God Member

what's the word? Ed? Anything? do the use the famous line from saturday night live< "you must really kick ass on those other ants."

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2015 at 11:44am

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

Saw it last weekend, Really flat, lots of humor attempts with "funny" secondary  characters that just did not work for me.
I did get a laugh when characters shoot at ants with machine guns and pistols. Biggest laugh, the guy with the pistol hits the one particular ant he was shooting at.
Maybe it was because after so many big films from Marvel, this one comes off really small looking (no pun intended.) It just looks kinda anti-epic. Plus it assumes you watch every Marvel show and movie. The first scene features people never identified in the movie itself (except Hank Pym) it just figures fans will know them, the heck with the rest of ya.

Oh also Hank Pym has likely devastated the ecology of his area by introducing several hostile ant species to it.

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 4:09pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

thanks bunny. can you tell us what got previewed after the credits rolled? was it spiderman?

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jul 23rd, 2015 at 10:33pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

kirok wrote on Jul 23rd, 2015 at 4:09pm:
thanks bunny. can you tell us what got previewed after the credits rolled? was it spiderman?

Okay, spoiler warning.

The big Spider-Man mention that was hyped by fan sites is literally some person saying "We got a guy who jumps, we got a guy who swings, we got a guy who climbs up walls." No sighting, no name dropping.
After credit sequence shows Cap and Falcon and Winter Soldier (no costumes) talking about problem where they would need to get inside something,with Falcon saying "I know a guy." Again if you know every film and rumor about upcoming films it means something, if not you wonder why you did not leave earlier to beat the crowd heading for the bathrooms. Smiley

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jul 27th, 2015 at 11:28am

Dinsdale   Offline
SF Rocks

Well, I have to disagree here. As a watcher of all the Marvel movies, I thoroughly enjoyed Ant Man. Great humor and great fun!

Okay, spoiler warning.

The big Spider-Man mention that was hyped by fan sites is literally some person saying "We got a guy who jumps, we got a guy who swings, we got a guy who climbs up walls." No sighting, no name dropping.
After credit sequence shows Cap and Falcon and Winter Soldier (no costumes) talking about problem where they would need to get inside something,with Falcon saying "I know a guy." Again if you know every film and rumor about upcoming films it means something, if not you wonder why you did not leave earlier to beat the crowd heading for the bathrooms. Smiley [/quote]

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 12:59pm

Rich Bartlett   Offline

I agree with Dinsdale. Ant Man was one of the most fun movies to watch this year.

IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jul 28th, 2015 at 5:41pm

Caleb451   Offline
NYC

I agree with Dinsdale and Rich, easily one of the most fun films I've seen this year. Really enjoyed it from the opening thru the second easter egg.

Dinner break? What's a dinner break?
IP Logged