WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
INTERSTELLAR (Read 15739 times)
Reply #15 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 1:25pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

L.A. Connection wrote on Feb 5th, 2015 at 1:33am:
The longer its simmered in my head, the more and more I think of INTERSTELLAR fondly. Not only the best sci-fi film of the year (sorry, SNOWPIERCER and EDGE OF TOMORROW), but, one of the year's best movies, period.

A true Space Opera. And, the score should win an Oscar (but won't).

Interstellar was OK just too long, too self-indulgent, too much schmaltz and too predictable.  There was a great story in there waiting to get out, it just never escaped. It is not a bad film just nowhere near a great film.   

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #16 - Feb 5th, 2015 at 4:07pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

i loved the score too.
plothole. he could have stopped himself from going by not sending the gps coordinates and then he could have sent the data to michael caine.
i liked how anne hathaway stood behind matt damon when he woke up. her character knew damon's character personally and i think she knew he was an a-hole.
and i loved how they took a big smack at the re writing of history books. cooper was my kind of guy i can tell you that right now.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #17 - Feb 7th, 2015 at 3:56pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

more physics problem
cooper said the solar cells on the drone were super efficient and could run an entire farm. mmm that is a stretch.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2