WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Robin Williams has died (Read 4286 times)
Aug 11th, 2014 at 7:58pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

A real shocker, he was only 63, right now suicide is suspected.

Really sad to hear, he was really on top and then everything seemed to fall apart for his acting career.
Worse still he became a target for comedians because of it.
Stories have noted he was suffering from depression.

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Aug 11th, 2014 at 11:08pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

This one does hurt. Every passing from someone who's work you admire does - or should - but, Robin Williams' really does.

Not since Richard Pryor's passing have I felt it so deep in my heart. I never got the chance to meet either of them, but, they were such titans of modern comedy, that you just KNOW that there as so few like them. You feel as though that people like Pryor and Williams are immortal somehow. That human weakness can't affect them, can it? It does. But, their work IS immortal.

Goodnight, Robin.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 12:38am

Lile   Offline
SF Rocks

This was a shocker. It seems sadder somehow when a comedian passes away. Like many, my first experience of Robin Williams was in Mork and Mindy, and then all the wonderful movies he made greater because he was in them.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Aug 12th, 2014 at 10:23pm

pogo   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Beautiful Cleveland, Ohio

All of the above.
The media has been full of stories of his picking up the spirits of  an entire cast and crew during a horrible day of shooting.
Of his impact on entire groups of soldiers and on specific GIs, one on one.
You've all been hearing the stories. And you all know how he affected you personally.
A terrible loss.

Thars only two possibilities:Thar is life out there in the universe which is smarter than we are,or we're the most intelligent life in the universe.Either way, it's a mighty sobering thought-WaltKelly
IP Logged