WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
FULL LINEUP! Note Order: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2024 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

JAMES GARNER, RIP (Read 3673 times)
Jul 20th, 2014 at 10:58pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

One of the most enjoyable actors of his generation, JAMES GARNER has passed.

Whether you grew up with MAVERICK or ROCKFORD FILES (or both), Garner always had an easy-going charm that you can't fake. You either have it, or you don't.

Outside of some voice work, Garner's genre work was slim, with the UFO drama FIRE IN THE SKY being the most significant.

We'll miss you, Mr. Garner.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 21st, 2014 at 4:23am

Rich Bartlett   Offline

Let's not forget he was one of the Space Cowboys and that he had a significant role in the 13 part miniseries: James Michener's SPACE.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jul 21st, 2014 at 5:25pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

And his voice work was excellent, best known is of course the Disney adventure animated film Atlantis, The Lost Empire.
Lesser known was playing the wizard Shazam in the DC video animation Superman/Shazam.
But I always thought his voice was perfect as a rather informal God in the obscure series God, The Devil and Bob.

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged