WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Russell Johnson (Read 4329 times)
Jan 16th, 2014 at 5:04pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

what can we get to pay tribute to this great man? it came from outer space and this island earth have shown too recently.
http://www.eonline.com/news/500305/russell-johnson-the-professor-on-gilligan-s-i...

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 16th, 2014 at 6:13pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

The late Russell Johnson was also in

"The Horror at 37,000 Feet" (1973 with William Shatner)
"The Invaders" (1967)
"The Outer Limits" (1964)
"Space Children" (1958) ...also played the 'thon
"Attack of the Crab Monsters" (1957)
"Superman" TV series (1953)

among his 160 credits. He was never campy even if the temptation was there, bringing dignity and depth to roles that weren't always written with dignity and depth in mind.  Cry

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jan 16th, 2014 at 6:38pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

He did many non-genre items as well. Always thought he was a reliable character actor, but, post-Gilligan, he never got much of a chance.

Goodnight, Professor.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jan 17th, 2014 at 1:22pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

RIP Professor Roy Hinkley.  Liked him since I first saw him in Roger Corman's Attack of the Crab Monsters on Fantasmic Features way back in 1963 two months shy of my 8th birthday. 

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged