WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

johnathan winters (Read 4921 times)
Apr 12th, 2013 at 3:02pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

Johnathan winters has died at 87. he was in the cult classic "the loved one". also on mork and mindy. one of my all time faves since childhood.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2013 at 4:27pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

The late Mr. Winters also played a pool-shark based on the famous Minnesota Fats in an episode of "The Twilight Zone".

I liked last year's inclusion of a 30 minute surprise Twilight Zone in the early hours. It gave fans a rare chance to see an episode on the big screen and, for those of us who had seen it, we got a morning coffee break. Smiley

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Apr 12th, 2013 at 7:13pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

A great comedian who could improvise a routine on anything.

Got to see him perform briefly at a 3 Stooges Convention of all places.

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Apr 12th, 2013 at 10:41pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

One of the great comic talents. I second the mention of THE LOVED ONE - a great 60s black comedy.

Winters was one of those guys who was just as funny - if not funnier- without a script as with.

R.I.P.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Apr 12th, 2013 at 11:38pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

he made a mockumentary IN 2008. it was feature length and called "certifiably johnathan". He loses his sense of humour and goes on a quest to find it. many cameos are made by famous comedians.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObTf25qRqPg

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged