WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
FULL LINEUP! Note Order: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2024 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11
Photo of the Day (Read 137239 times)
Reply #75 - Jul 25th, 2013 at 12:03pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Watching TCM last night and they had a vintage Making of SOYLENT GREEN featurette on.

I was taken aback however by a commercial that was run:

IP Logged

Reply #76 - Jul 25th, 2013 at 12:43pm

Jon   Offline
MA

Soylent Green crackers

Didn't I see these on display/for sale at the Somerville Theatre bar last February?  (Well, maybe it was Whole Foods -- certainly seems organic, in a sense.) 
Thought is was a joke, but apparently they're out there.  I don't know what the manufacturer is thinking - such a limited market - and those who can see the dark humor may not want to explore the actual taste for all the obvious reasons....
Shocked

IP Logged

Reply #77 - Jul 25th, 2013 at 12:54pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

I think I got this mag in Frank's grab bag last year:

Jon wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 12:43pm:
Soylent Green crackers

Didn't I see these on display/for sale at the Somerville Theatre bar last February?  (Well, maybe it was Whole Foods -- certainly seems organic, in a sense.) 
Thought is was a joke, but apparently they're out there.  I don't know what the manufacturer is thinking - such a limited market - and those who can see the dark humor may not want to explore the actual taste for all the obvious reasons....
Shocked

IP Logged

Reply #78 - Jul 27th, 2013 at 12:13pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Not exactly the Wolverine, but, how about a little WOLFMAN?

Jack Pierce makes up Lon Chaney, Jr.:

IP Logged

Reply #79 - Jul 27th, 2013 at 10:30pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

Jon wrote on Jul 25th, 2013 at 12:43pm:
Soylent Green crackers

Shocked

Wish I could find it to link to but on the old comedy show New Radio they did a sci fi episode which included a commercial for Soylent Green.
"Soylent Green, made from the best stuff on earth. Soylent Green IS people."

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #80 - Jul 28th, 2013 at 3:18pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

SOYLENT GREEN is coming up on TCM on Monday August 5th: http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/2061/Soylent-Green/

Ok! Ok! Chuck! I just told them - the movie will be on TV soon. Now, calm down!

IP Logged

Reply #81 - Aug 24th, 2013 at 10:23am

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

IP Logged

Reply #82 - Aug 25th, 2013 at 8:22am

kirok   Offline
God Member

i'm ok with this. can't be any worse than george clooney. has anyone elese ever played 2 comicbook superheroes?

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #83 - Aug 25th, 2013 at 11:16am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

kirok wrote on Aug 25th, 2013 at 8:22am:
i'm ok with this. can't be any worse than george clooney. has anyone elese ever played 2 comicbook superheroes?

Here are two off the top of my head. Massachusetts' own Chris Evans has played The Human Torch and Captain America.  Ron Ely played two pulp heroes that have also has comics Doc Savage and Tarzan. 
Thought of three others Halle Berry (Storm/Catwoman), Doug Jones (Silver Surfer/Abe Sapien) Ryan Reynolds(Deadpool/Green Lantern). 

This will be Ben's third time donning a super hero costume as he played George Reeves in Hollywoodland and donned the Superman costume.

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #84 - Aug 25th, 2013 at 12:06pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

Frank wrote on Aug 25th, 2013 at 11:16am:
kirok wrote on Aug 25th, 2013 at 8:22am:

Here are two off the top of my head. Massachusetts' own Chris Evans has played The Human Torch and Captain America.  Ron Ely played two pulp heroes that have also has comics Doc Savage and Tarzan. 
Thought of three others Halle Berry (Storm/Catwoman), Doug Jones (Silver Surfer/Abe Sapien) Ryan Reynolds(Deadpool/Green Lantern). 

This will be Ben's third time donning a super hero costume as he played George Reeves in Hollywoodland and donned the Superman costume.

so... has anyone else besides ben affleck played 3 comic book heroes?

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #85 - Sep 11th, 2013 at 4:50pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

It looks like an alien space suit from "Earth vs. the Flying Saucers" Can you imagine what it would be worth today if someone had only saved it! Shocked

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #86 - Sep 11th, 2013 at 7:03pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Where did that photo come from? Looks staged, but, sadly, many many many classic movie props have met the same fate.

IP Logged

Reply #87 - Sep 11th, 2013 at 8:22pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Quote:
LA:
Where did that photo come from? Looks staged, but, sadly, many many many classic movie props have met the same fate.

Sadly, it's legit.
http://exclamationmark.wordpress.com/2013/09/01/trash-from-the-past/#comments

via
http://arcaneimages.tumblr.com/

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #88 - Sep 12th, 2013 at 11:38am

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

No real attribution in those links. Still looks phoney, although it highlights a real issue.

R_F_Fineman wrote on Sep 11th, 2013 at 4:50pm:
[img]

It looks like an alien space suit from "Earth vs. the Flying Saucers" Can you imagine what it would be worth today if someone had only saved it! Shocked

IP Logged

Reply #89 - Sep 12th, 2013 at 4:34pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Quote:
LA:
No real attribution in those links. Still looks phony...

Im' looking at a '47-'49 Ford Truck (as indicated by the "reverse curve" of the front fender) in the background and a couple of metal trash cans commonly seen in the 50's but rarely seen today. If it's a fake it's a good one.

Here's one unlucky frog from the LADEE launch.

Bogus you say? Photoshop fraud you say? Here's NASA's confirmation of the voracity of the shot:

Quote:
Absolutely Incredible Photo: Frog Launches With LADEE
by Nancy Atkinson on September 11, 2013

"...We’ve confirmed this image is in fact an actual photo taken by one of NASA’s remote cameras set up for the launch on September 6, 2013 from the Wallops/Mid-Atlantic Regional Spaceport. Wallops spokesman Jeremy Eggers confirms the picture is legitimate and was not altered in any way."

Read more: http://www.universetoday.com/104679/absolutely-incredible-photo-frog-launches-wi...

I promise in the future to document the authenticity of any postings to the best of my ability. After all, as Voltaire once said: "We wouldn't want bogus stuff to start floating around the internet."  Wink

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... 11