WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
FULL LINEUP! Note Order: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2024 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 11
Photo of the Day (Read 137443 times)
Reply #15 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 10:23pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Still one of my favorite SF films, CLOSE ENCOUNTERS has still only been at the Marathon once (plus a lightly attended "Special Edition" showing upstairs at the Coolidge at a Night Flight). Looooooooooong overdue for a return visit. Here's Spielberg at Devil's Tower in Wyoming:

IP Logged

Reply #16 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 11:53pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

The T. Rex is of the maninsuitasaurus, the Plesiosaurs is a puppet but sort of cool and we have live action lizards but it is kinda fun and we have not shown it.

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #17 - Apr 17th, 2013 at 9:26pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Martians and giant technicians!  What a week I am having!

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #18 - Apr 18th, 2013 at 8:00pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

Okay, two can play at the size alteration game.

The cast of one of the later Godzilla film relaxes between takes.
I did not know the big G played guitar. Supposedly he was always trying to talk the directors into letting play on camera. One rumor said that a number WAS filmed but test audiences reacted badly and it was replaced with shots of Godzilla flying.

Yeah I think the pic might be faked too.  Grin

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #19 - Apr 20th, 2013 at 10:26am

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Very odd week watching the events from afar. I'm glad justice appears to have been done. Glad it seems to be over.

Be safe, folks.

IP Logged

Reply #20 - Apr 20th, 2013 at 11:32am

kirok   Offline
God Member

we won't have justice until we get apologies from all the people who said the bombers were probably from the tea party.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #21 - Apr 20th, 2013 at 4:44pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Gee, you try and post a unifying photo when everybody is exhaling from a long week.

If you want to go pick a fight with David or Dan Kimmel, send them a PM or find them on Facebook.

And, I'm certain that Kirok will lead those from his side of the aisle in apologizing for his colleagues' politicizing remarks................

Any further such negative off-topic political posts will be deleted without notice.
kirok wrote on Apr 20th, 2013 at 11:32am:
we won't have justice until we get apologies from all the people who said the bombers were probably from the tea party.

IP Logged

Reply #22 - Apr 21st, 2013 at 6:21pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #23 - Apr 22nd, 2013 at 8:27am

Jon   Offline
MA

RE:  Gozira
Tea and sympathy?
Wink

IP Logged

Reply #24 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:51pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

A makeup demonstration on the Mike Douglas show as part of the promotion for "Planet of the Apes".

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #25 - Apr 25th, 2013 at 5:12pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

I know there were decades of supposed technical improvements done during the interim, but, I still think that (the real Argo story) John Chambers' APES work is superior to that in the wretched Marky Mark/Tim Burton atrocity. More of Chambers' stellar work:

IP Logged

Reply #26 - Apr 26th, 2013 at 10:26am

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

The day after being announced, ZARDOZ has been cancelled for the Ohio Marathon. Hard to believer a major film magazine would put THIS photo on it's cover!  Shocked

IP Logged

Reply #27 - Apr 27th, 2013 at 6:28pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

As long as we're going ape on this thread:

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #28 - Apr 28th, 2013 at 6:40pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Ape suits come in all sizes. Johnny Weismuller, Maureen O'Sullivan(?), Clarence Swenson and the gang:

A family portrait from "Hollywood Gorilla Men", a first rate blog that provides a wealth of information on ape suits and those who wore them on the silver screen:
:
http://www.hollywoodgorillamen.com/

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #29 - Apr 29th, 2013 at 4:36pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Kubrick shows Peter Sellers how to properly sit in a wheelchair. Did Raymond Burr have such a talented coach?

Cheesy

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 ... 11