WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
FULL LINEUP! Note Order: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2024 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11
Photo of the Day (Read 137242 times)
Apr 10th, 2013 at 10:29pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Post any interesting photos, film stills etc you find here, including cool behind the scenes shots like this:

Gee, you gotta love the glamour of Hollywood, eh? And, it kinda takes away the terror factor of that ole Alien don't it???

Smiley
« Last Edit: Apr 10th, 2013 at 11:53pm by L.A. Connection »  
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2013 at 10:14am

kirok   Offline
God Member

2 tubes. one intake, one outflow. gross!

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Apr 11th, 2013 at 4:08pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Apr 11th, 2013 at 9:27pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Apr 11th, 2013 at 10:57pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Never saw that behind the scenes shot of the '56 SNATCHERS before, Frank! And, I huge fan of INVASION.

Here's one from the '78 remake with Nimoy, Jeff Goldblum and the film's Director Philip Kaufman:

« Last Edit: Apr 12th, 2013 at 12:18am by L.A. Connection »  
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Apr 12th, 2013 at 10:29am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

You thing from another world you.

I have been catching up on old Gunsmoke episodes on Encore westerns and have now caught two episodes geust starring Kenneth Tobey and two episodes guest starring James Whitmore. 

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #6 - Apr 12th, 2013 at 10:55am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Monsters, John.....monsters from the Id.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qj6lUC6K4VQ

IP Logged

Reply #7 - Apr 12th, 2013 at 7:44pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

Not exactly a photo.
A favorite might have been movie.

Promo flyer for Universal's planned King Kong that would have been in competition to the horrible Dino DeLaurentis 1976 remake.

Think of it, Kong in SENSURROUND!!

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #8 - Apr 12th, 2013 at 10:25pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Forget Sensurround!

How about having it written by Bo "Cuckoo's Nest" Goldman and directed by Joseph "Colossus:Forbin Project" Sargent!

Sigh...........

But, here's a shot of the crummy Dino D version that was made. That's a young Jessica Lange about to get fingered:

IP Logged

Reply #9 - Apr 13th, 2013 at 8:23am

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

L.A. Connection wrote on Apr 12th, 2013 at 10:25pm:
Forget Sensurround!

How about having it written by Bo "Cuckoo's Nest" Goldman and directed by Joseph "Colossus:Forbin Project" Sargent!

Sigh...........

But, here's a shot of the crummy Dino D version that was made. That's a young Jessica Lange about to get fingered:

If only someone had taken a picture of when Dino was first taken to see the giant hands and the techs arranged for it to give him the finger. Which promptly froze in that position for a couple of days.

But the movie did inspire a mini marathon at The Paris Cinema which was owned by the same folks as The Welles at the time. Same year as SF1 btw.

IP Logged

Reply #10 - Apr 13th, 2013 at 11:17am

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

#$#$ing A!

That's an awesome awesome bit of trivia! You should definately post it on Cinema Treasures under both the Paris and Orson Welles Cinemas!

My guess is that SON of Kong was shown instead of the original KING KONG because it was "out of distribution". Yes, back in those days, it was the usual practice to pull the original out of theaters (and even TV!) when the remake was out.

da_Bunnyman wrote on Apr 13th, 2013 at 8:23am:
L.A. Connection wrote on Apr 12th, 2013 at 10:25pm:
Forget Sensurround!

Sigh...........

If only someone had taken a picture of when Dino was first taken to see the giant hands and the techs arranged for it to give him the finger. Which promptly froze in that position for a couple of days.

But the movie did inspire a mini marathon at The Paris Cinema which was owned by the same folks as The Welles at the time. Same year as SF1 btw.
[img]

IP Logged

Reply #11 - Apr 13th, 2013 at 8:50pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

L.A. Connection wrote on Apr 13th, 2013 at 11:17am:
#$#$ing A!

That's an awesome awesome bit of trivia! You should definately post it on Cinema Treasures under both the Paris and Orson Welles Cinemas!

My guess is that SON of Kong was shown instead of the original KING KONG because it was "out of distribution". Yes, back in those days, it was the usual practice to pull the original out of theaters (and even TV!) when the remake was out.

All ready mentioned both on Cinema Treasures way back in a 2005 comment.

And yeah I think you're right about Son being there because his dad was not available due to being remade.

IP Logged

Reply #12 - Apr 14th, 2013 at 6:16am

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Ray Bradbury and Marlene Dietrich. (Why do I have a mental image of Marlene singing that Ray Bradbury song* in her German accent!   Wink

*The NSFW song by Rachel Bloom played the 'thon a couple of years ago. Don't remember it? Here it is:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOdX0grBVew

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #13 - Apr 14th, 2013 at 4:43pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

here's stanley kubrick while shooting the editted pie fight scene from dr. strangelove. when peter sellers was hit by a pie george c scott said "our beloved president has been shot down in his prime" . kennedy got shot just before the release date so the entire pie scene was removed. the scene still exists and is scored but the kubrick estate refuses to play it publicly.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #14 - Apr 16th, 2013 at 6:18am

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Political rants seem to be all the rage here and elsewhere on the internets tody. Who am I to buck a trend? So here is another example of an illegal alien taking away American jobs:

Wink

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 11