WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
FULL LINEUP! Note Order: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2024 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Battlestar Galactica possible teaser. (Read 2377 times)
Apr 10th, 2013 at 10:00am

gaffed   Offline
YaBB Newbies
SF Rocks

Would this work as a teaser for the new Battlestar Galactica movie? 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0ytxzD5uBBA

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Apr 12th, 2013 at 4:56pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

You know, I never could really put my finger on why I liked the 1978 Battlestar Gallactica and could never really warm up to the recent reboot until I saw that video. Sure the original looks dated but the talent pool; the rational  costumes and sets; and the episodic story format made the earlier version work.

Anne Lockhart battled the robotic forces of evil in the same short jacket and jump-boots as the men and still managed to look good. Slinky cocktail dresses and shorts so short they would have made the '70s Celtics blush make it pretty much impossible for even a good actress to convince us she's in peril. To quote the old WWII poster:  "Don't they know there's a WAR ON?" Cheesy

Thirty years of special effects improvements alone did nothing to improve the storytelling. Like almost all prime-time television before it, the '78 show did not presume you had followed every episode since the beginning. The audience got a backstory, was introduced to characters, understood the plot and saw a conclusion within the 40 minutes of an episode. I sort of blame "Lost" but the easy to write, impossible to follow, soap-opera format has taken over television. Give me back the monster-of-the-week!

Great faux trailer Gaffed and welcome aboard!

21st Century Man
IP Logged