WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Annette Funicello (Read 3288 times)
Apr 8th, 2013 at 4:41pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

After a long bout with MS, musical comedy actress Annette Funicello has passed on. Her credits include "The Maid and the Martians" one of the ten worst mars films according to Boston Sci-fi:

http://www.bostonsci-fi.com/node/375

To its credit it includes Don Rickles, Buster Keaton, Dorothy Lamour and a young Teri Garr. I for one have never seen it....Next thon? Dare we upset the MLO? Wink

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2013 at 6:13pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

"Maid" is better known as PAJAMA PARTY. Annette also had a bit part in DR GOLDFOOT AND THE BIKINI BOMBS.

I never got into the Beach Party movies much, not the Mickey Mouse Club, but Annette was always a cute and lovely presence.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Apr 9th, 2013 at 9:11am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Well as a kid I grew up on all sort of genre films at my local theater and that included the entire AIP catalog of Beach movies.  AIP cashing in on old Hollywood by giving aging actors work and surrounding them with young actors.  They would also throw in comics such as Paul Lynde and Don Rickles.  These movies don't hold up at all but they were a lot of fun in the pre-teen years.

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged