WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
FULL LINEUP! Note Order: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2024 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Reptilicus Creature Feature another announced film (Read 6060 times)
Jan 18th, 2013 at 7:44am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Mild spoilers ahead.................

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFQqmHQMJBY

If you grew up in Boston during the Creature Feature years, you know Reptilicus.  If you have not, expect some fine Havarti at the Somerville.

oh yea follow the bouncing kroner.  Practice now so you can sing along.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8LqOj0BRqo

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 18th, 2013 at 8:45am

kirok   Offline
God Member

not reptilicus. too soon. for early 60's get "the brain that wouldn't die"

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jan 18th, 2013 at 10:18am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

kirok wrote on Jan 18th, 2013 at 8:45am:
not reptilicus. too soon. for early 60's get "the brain that wouldn't die"

Sorry, it seems that Jan in the pan will have to continue to stew in her own juices. 

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #3 - Jan 18th, 2013 at 10:41am

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Like many performers before him, Reptilicus started his career in television.

Wanting to broaden his range from children's comedy to darker roles, he opted to play the heavy in his big screen debut.

His big screen success was short lived and he found himself back where he started. Meanwhile, his professional colleagues, Kermit the Frog and Howdy Doody (under the screen name Ron Howard) went on to big screen fame. -RF Wink

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #4 - Jan 18th, 2013 at 10:57am

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Well you are forgetting the whole turn on, tune in drop out period when he made appearances on The Beverly hillbillies, The Monkees and even Green Acres......

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Jan 18th, 2013 at 11:49am

kirok   Offline
God Member

too soon. too soon. where's that damn filmography?

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #6 - Jan 18th, 2013 at 12:01pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

my mistake. reptilicus has never played the marathon. i'd even say it was a longstanding ommission. LIKE "THE BRAIN THAT WOULDN'T DIE" Angry
i have seen it recently and i watched the whole damn thing.
in my early youth it played perpetual rotation with "the thing" "godzilla" "the giant behemoth" and "beast from 20,000 fathoms" on sunday morning.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged