WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
FULL LINEUP! Note Order: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2024 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Jon Finch RIP (Read 3429 times)
Jan 13th, 2013 at 12:11pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Terrific Shakespearean actor has passed away.  Old time marathoids may remember him as Jerry Cornelius in The Last Days of Man on Earth (The Final Programme).  It was a quirky take on the Michael Moorcock book.  Horror genre credits include Horror Of Frankenstein, The Vampire Lovers.  TV credits include Hammer House of Horror and The Martian Chronicles.  He was in Frenzy and played the title character in Polanski's version of MacBeth.  RIP good sir.
He was also offered the part of Bond in Live and Let Die and turned down the role of Kane in Alien due to scheduling conflicts. 

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jan 14th, 2013 at 10:04am

Jon   Offline
MA

"Last Days of Man on Earth" -- Now there's a film I remember from SF2 (?) -- about 1977, I think.  I was very anxious to see it at the time, having read the Moorecock book ("The Final Programme") some time before.  Think it's time to try again on a new generation?

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Jan 14th, 2013 at 12:24pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

SF3.  I second a re-visit.  Co-starring the sexy Jenny Runacre as the wicked Ms. Brunner, a techno-mage who enjoys S/M especially the S part.

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged