WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 
TRAILERS, Previews, Coming Attractions etc. (Read 52958 times)
Reply #60 - Dec 12th, 2012 at 12:22am

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

I think Major Tom has some 'splaining to do. MARS has been the focus of a bunch of pretty big bombs over the years, including........

GHOSTS OF MARS
!

Like his colleague, Brian DePalma, John Carpenter really seems to have fallen off to the wayside.

IP Logged

Reply #61 - Dec 22nd, 2012 at 7:37pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

The teaser trailer for this year's Marathon entry, the classic THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN.

IP Logged

Reply #62 - Jan 6th, 2013 at 1:03pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

It's being strongly hinted on Facebook that
PHASE IV
may be making a return visit to the Marathon (it showed at 1984's SF/9). Interest has been renewed in the film since an alternate ending was discovered this year. Hopefully, that print will be available to us.

During the meanwhile, feast on this bizarre trailer. The film was directed by Saul Bass who is most famous as an opening credits designer for many Bond films, Hitchcock movies etc. As you'd expect, PHASE IV is pretty visually stunning for a rather low budget flick:

IP Logged

Reply #63 - Jan 6th, 2013 at 4:25pm

Frank   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks

Phase IV finally announced.  I thought I would bust.

I bring you peace. It may be the peace of plenty and content or the peace of unburied death.
IP Logged

Reply #64 - Mar 18th, 2013 at 12:05am

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Now, THIS is one wild trailer! Watched the TRAILER WAR DVD over the past week or so. This is the closer, and what a closer. It's a Hong Kong crime action thriller crossed with a mystical horror tale - THUNDER COPS:

IP Logged

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5