WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
TRAILERS, Previews, Coming Attractions etc. (Read 53007 times)
Reply #15 - Oct 13th, 2012 at 5:05pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Back to the "good" even Numbered STAR TREK films.

Number VI: THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY

NEVER SHOWN AT THE 'THON:

IP Logged

Reply #16 - Oct 13th, 2012 at 10:57pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

R_F_Fineman wrote on Oct 13th, 2012 at 3:32pm:
Quote:
it's a safe bet that 2 star trek villains/hero's will be re imagined in st2 . my guess is gary mitchell and harry mudd.

Woo Hoo. As soon as you said it, it hit me like a cricket bat!

There can be but one choice for Harry Mudd!
[img]

If they don't cast Simon Pegg's longtime friend, collaborator, and Trek fan Nick Frost in the role then their casting director should be working at McDonalds.

paul giomatti all the way as harry mudd.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #17 - Oct 14th, 2012 at 7:43pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

The grand-daddy of commercially available Trailer Compilations back in the VHS videotape days, MAD RON'S PREVUEWS FROM HELL got released on DVD for the first time a year or so ago. Rather that do a full restoration of the best available versions of the trailers, it retained all the fuzzy glory of video-cassettes,

Here is the Trailer fo the DVD:

IP Logged

Reply #18 - Oct 14th, 2012 at 8:48pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

Ah yes I remember that one well, it is out on DVD now http://www.amazon.com/Rons-Prevues-Hell-Nick-Pawlow/dp/B003I6M0HO/ref=sr_1_1?s=m...
Some great trailers but you have to put up with some bad comedy from the zombie dummy in it.
I remember a local VHS trailer collection, wish i could remember the name but it featured the ultimate grindhouse title on it "Curse of a Teenage Nazi"
I actually picked up the film itself from Sinister Cinema a year or so ago but have yet to watch it.

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #19 - Oct 15th, 2012 at 2:37pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Sinister and other Public Domain and 'Grey' Market video companies put out a number of trailer compilations as well, but, MAD RON'S was one of the very first mainstream releases one could find at your local Video Store.

And, now, MAD RON the Sequel is upon us!

CELLULOID BLOODBATH: MORE PREVUES FROM HELL:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aH6hCgBGTKY

IP Logged

Reply #20 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 2:30pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Another film that has Never been at the Marathon - THE MUTATIONS (1974). It's an oddball combo of FREAKS and ISLAND OF LOST SOULS starring Donald Pleasence and 'Dr.Who' Tom Baker:

IP Logged

Reply #21 - Oct 16th, 2012 at 5:34pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

L.A. Connection wrote on Oct 13th, 2012 at 5:05pm:
Back to the "good" even Numbered STAR TREK films.

Number VI: THE UNDISCOVERED COUNTRY

NEVER SHOWN AT THE 'THON:

[img]

pop quiz. no internet search allowed. summarize star trek 5 in no more than 3 sentences. do the same for star trek 6.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #22 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 2:39pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Quote:
Kirok:
pop quiz. no internet search allowed. summarize star trek 5 in no more than 3 sentences. do the same for star trek 6.

Star Trek VI
In Nicholas Meyer's allegory to the end of the cold war, the crew of the Enterprise and their Klingon counterparts find it difficult to put aside years of animosities and join in the new intergallactic order of peaceful coexistance. Subversive acts of espionage and sabotage threaten to derail the peace process unless the Enterprise crew can uncover the secret plot and who'se behind it.

Star Trek V
S#!t happens.

I guess you now know which Star Trek I'd prefer to see at the 'thon. Wink

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #23 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 4:43pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Anyone remember the first XTRO? Shown at SF/19. It started off oddly enough as a rip-off of E.T., and then, crossed with ALIEN, became associated with the infamous 'Video Nasties' in England (it was re-cut and never actually made the list, though it was often seized by cops). It wasn't all too extreme, although quite R-Rated. The original actually just played L.A. in 35mm.

We have NOT shown the sequel (probably for good reason). Incidentally, I worked with all three of these lead actors:

IP Logged

Reply #24 - Oct 17th, 2012 at 8:00pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

R_F_Fineman wrote on Oct 17th, 2012 at 2:39pm:
Quote:
Kirok:

Star Trek VI
In Nicholas Meyer's allegory to the end of the cold war, the crew of the Enterprise and their Klingon counterparts find it difficult to put aside years of animosities and join in the new intergallactic order of peaceful coexistance. Subversive acts of espionage and sabotage threaten to derail the peace process unless the Enterprise crew can uncover the secret plot and who'se behind it.

Star Trek V
S#!t happens.

I guess you now know which Star Trek I'd prefer to see at the 'thon. Wink

star trek vi: klingons have a chernobyl like disaster and sue for peace.  somebody wants kirk out of the way and a kangaroo court convicts and imprisons him. kirk escapes and foils the plan of the klingons who don't want peace.
disjointed and boring.
star trek V: a brief hilarious camping trip with kirk, spock and mcoy is interrupted by an emergency precipitated by spock's heretical mind altering half brother sybok. apon encountering sybok the crew is won over by sybok and kirk capitulates and the enterprise travels to the center of the galaxy to encounter an omnipotent being that sybok believes to be God. a klingon scout ship with a captain who is manipulated by his female navigator also provides comic relief.
laugh a minute tribute to star trek themes and characters.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #25 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 1:47pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Can u believe there is a third XTRO film? How could we have missed these precious "Premiere" opportunities at the time?!!

XTRO 3: WATCH THE SKIES

(a bit of a comedown from the original THE THING, eh?)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgld3CSpjpA

IP Logged

Reply #26 - Oct 18th, 2012 at 3:52pm

R_F_Fineman   Offline
God Member
Boston

Quote:

Little gray alien lands in the Nevada desert in the 50's; escapes, meets new people, mayhem ensues. Didn't the 'thon run that recently? 

Maybe I'm thinking of...
"Paul"
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1092026/

21st Century Man
IP Logged

Reply #27 - Oct 22nd, 2012 at 1:01pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Sometimes, a big monster movie hits the spot! And, sometimes, just one Giant Monster won't do! So, it's time for

DESTROY ALL MONSTERS
(never shown at the 'thon):

IP Logged

Reply #28 - Oct 23rd, 2012 at 12:47am

Lile   Offline
SF Rocks

L.A. Connection wrote on Oct 22nd, 2012 at 1:01pm:
Sometimes, a big monster movie hits the spot! And, sometimes, just one Giant Monster won't do! So, it's time for

DESTROY ALL MONSTERS

[img]

I'm suprised this has never played the 'thon, is there a 35mm print out there?

IP Logged

Reply #29 - Oct 23rd, 2012 at 2:22am

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Yes, a 35mm print has played in L.A..

Of course, we could always show the DVD!

Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry Cry

Lile wrote on Oct 23rd, 2012 at 12:47am:
L.A. Connection wrote on Oct 22nd, 2012 at 1:01pm:

DESTROY ALL MONSTERS

[img]

I'm suprised this has never played the 'thon, is there a 35mm print out there?

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5