WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

BRANDED (Read 2498 times)
Sep 10th, 2012 at 8:20pm

da_Bunnyman   Offline
God Member
SF Rocks
Peabody, MA

Hoo-boy, where to start. It's a movie that may have disappeared from cinema's all ready, even with some intriguing commercials it did not make the top 15 moneymakers it's first weekend.
Pretentious, half baked, badly edited, lots of narration that has no character origin in the film. Max Von Sydow seems to be in a different film. I'm guessing they only had him for a certain number of days as his character literally vanishes with a bolt from the blue.
Anyone remember Demonlover? It's like that, lots of different languages and accents and it refuses to end even after the story seems to reach a conclusion.
Truly a WTF movie.

I can't complain but sometimes I still do. Life's been good to me so far.
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Sep 11th, 2012 at 11:23am

L.A. Connection   Online
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

It's almost always a bad sign when the distributor has no screenings at all for a movie before it opens. Forget about critic's screenings, BRANDED didn't even seem to have any public showings whatsoever before it came out as the first review on imdB didn't appear until 3pm on its release day!
Talk about hiding the goods!

IP Logged