WELCOME to the Messageboard for the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival and Marathon!!
What was shown in 2024: THE MATRIX in 35mm! ONE MILLION YEARS BC in 35mm! LAPSIS, READY PLAYER ONE in 70mm! DREDD, MAD MAX, PREDESTINATION, TOP OF THE FOOD CHAIN (aka INVASION), UPGRADE, ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTERS, DEEP BLUE SEA in 35mm! and BLAST FROM THE PAST. Plus! A bonus surprise! And, of course, Duck Dodgers! More to come
SF MARATHON INFO LINKS
SF/49 Official Information Page Click here
Reactions to 2024's SF/49 lineup? POST here
>List of ALL Films that have played the Marathon. Click below
Click here for The History Of The Marathon/Festival

The Next Marathon will be held Presidents' Day Weekend 2025 at the Somerville Theater.
It will be preceded by the Boston Science Fiction Film Festival. For ticket info: www.Bostonsci-fi.com

Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

HomeHelpSearchLoginRegister  

Pages: 1 2 
PLANET OF THE APES timelines, remakes etc (Read 33199 times)
Reply #15 - Apr 16th, 2012 at 10:52am

kirok   Offline
God Member

historically, the puns on the board have been very goodall of you should be commended, except for metaluna. [|;3{|

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #16 - Apr 18th, 2012 at 6:44am

kirok   Offline
God Member

kirok wrote on Apr 16th, 2012 at 10:52am:
historically, the puns on the board have been very goodall of you should be commended, except for metaluna. [|;3{|

just kidding metaluna. you're the gorilla my dreams.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #17 - Oct 1st, 2012 at 7:52pm

L.A. Connection   Offline
YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Get your supply of Dramamine ready!

CLOVERFIELD director Matt Reeves is taking over the RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES sequel. RISE Director Ruper Wyatt is on to other things. I liked the first RISE, but, I'm a bit wary of what Matt shaky cam Reeves might have in store for us.

Story on CLOVERFIELD's "style": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b0rGQYVY9I

Sequel story: http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2012/10/01/matt-reeves-will-direct-dawn-of-the-p...

IP Logged

Reply #18 - Oct 1st, 2012 at 10:03pm

kirok   Offline
God Member

L.A. Connection wrote on Oct 1st, 2012 at 7:52pm:
Get your supply of Dramamine ready!

CLOVERFIELD director Matt Reeves is taking over the RISE OF THE PLANET OF THE APES sequel. RISE Director Ruper Wyatt is on to other things. I liked the first RISE, but, I'm a bit wary of what Matt shaky cam Reeves might have in store for us.

Story on CLOVERFIELD's "style": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9b0rGQYVY9I

Sequel story: http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/2012/10/01/matt-reeves-will-direct-dawn-of-the-p...

"dawn of the planet of the apes"?? explain the difference between rise of and dawn of. and when will we see taylor? in the third installment? the franchise could totally croak before we see taylor. damn you. you maniacs. damn you all to hell.

PANTS UP. DON'T LOOT.
IP Logged

Reply #19 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 11:11am

Jay Seaver   Offline
Somerville, MA

IIRC, Reeves held the camera pretty still for Let Me In; he's not a one-trick pony but a guy who has done well with a couple of pretty challenging pictures.

IP Logged

Reply #20 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 12:54pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

LET ME IN was OK, but, it was also a superfluous film. Reeves had strong material which he was slavishly retreading. There wasn't much room for originality.

Of course, if he does the same with the APES sequel, that it least shouldn't $#$# it up.

IP Logged

Reply #21 - Oct 2nd, 2012 at 10:10pm

Jay Seaver   Offline
Somerville, MA

I dunno; I think that as much as Let Me In was an unneeded adaptation, he did a pretty good job of somewhat subtly differentiating it while staying mostly true to the basic text and getting good performances from his cast.  At any rate, he made good character-centric movies that could easily have gone flat.

Anyway, the point I was trying to make was that a lot of people, when they hear about someone being attached to a movie, tend to grab on to the one thing they remember about that person and assume he or she is nothing else, which is almost always doing a disservice.

IP Logged

Reply #22 - Oct 3rd, 2012 at 12:36pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Don't get me wrong. I look forward to DAWN OF THE APES. But, a director shift can be a red flag.

I know I'm in the vast minority, but, I preferred how Ridley Scott has handled his ALIEN assignments (I include PROMETHEUS) more than the direction James Cameron took the series. Even though Cameron only did ALIENS, it took the Alien films in a much more action-oriented direction until Scott came back. That may be an outlier opinion, but, there would be few to argue that the HALLOWEEN, HOWLING or NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET series weren't harmed when Carpenter, Dante and Craven left their respective sequels to others.

Of course, a franchise often has a life of it's own regardless of the individual directors.
« Last Edit: Oct 3rd, 2012 at 2:14pm by L.A. Connection »  
IP Logged

Reply #23 - Oct 16th, 2014 at 7:37am

Clayton Yates   Offline
YaBB Newbies
SF Rocks

L.A. Connection wrote on Apr 15th, 2012 at 9:23pm:
kirok wrote on Apr 15th, 2012 at 8:26pm:
would yee like to.... resize that.....laddy?

Can't get it to resize. But, here's the link to the site:

there are also timelines incorporating stuff like the TV series and even the Marky Mark/Tim Burton atrocity:

Thanks for sharing out the link and other details..I have been searching for the details for a while..

IP Logged

Reply #24 - Oct 17th, 2014 at 10:27pm

YaBB Administrator
SF Rocks

Thanks for posting, Clayton. Don't be a stranger here!

Clayton Yates wrote on Oct 16th, 2014 at 7:37am:
L.A. Connection wrote on Apr 15th, 2012 at 9:23pm:
kirok wrote on Apr 15th, 2012 at 8:26pm:
would yee like to.... resize that.....laddy?

Can't get it to resize. But, here's the link to the site:

there are also timelines incorporating stuff like the TV series and even the Marky Mark/Tim Burton atrocity:

Thanks for sharing out the link and other details..I have been searching for the details for a while..

IP Logged

Pages: 1 2